Fast heart rate and pressure

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all. I have some strange feelings and etc for around 6 months. I dont have any panic attacks or anxiety from long time ago, but something is wrong with me. For example in morning I stand up from bed and my heart rate goes to around 130 or when i climb up stairs ( around 20 of them) i get heart rate around 170 per min. Thats not normal I know, but I have had heart ECG, heart ULTRA SOUND,blood tests and etc and everything is fine. But on left side of chest I have pressure, feels like some organ is swollen or I dont know, maybe lung is pressed or something. I had also lungs x-ray but it came out fine. When heart is beating fast, i feel pain in my upper chest like in my airways, and when my heart calms down i have sore upper chest. 1 month ago i got maybe palpitations but not sure if its palpitations, happens most when im standing. I get fast squeeze in left chest like my left lung is squeezed, but in this second my heart stops beating and then starts after 1sec beat fast and again slowly. I really dont know what to do, because im sure i dont have anxiety or panic. I was on xanax,citalopram,lexotanil for long time and nothing helped me for that. P.S My left leg is always cold,mostly when im laying down. Sometimes i get vibrating sound in my left chest and i dont know what is this. Mostly im scared if its my heart or what... Doctors said im okay, but i still feel not normal and without full access to live my life.. I had also brain scans,neck xray and all is fine. All tests I had everything is normal. What do you think I should check? Please dont write about psychollogy problems, because its not this and im sure its not in my head. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

have you ever had your circulation tested because things like cold or dead feeling limbs points to blood flow issues.

could also explain why you feel the sensations in your chest and heart as either blood rushes back to it or your heart has to work that extra bit more to get it flowing properly again, this can make you feel like you've lost half a lung as it sort of deflates because theres no blood flow to it, then when blood rushes back it reinflates due to the blood pressure building up back into the cappilaries to fill out your lung again.

maybe a thought.

• Posted

I didnt had any circulation tests, but is there any? I think heart ultra sound shows also circulation, but im not sure. How can I get circulation test?
    • Posted

you could ask them to moniter you while you demonstrate what happens ie laying down and standing up. They could moniter your heart throughout and probably stick some other probes to your skin to moniter blood flow.

I'm not a doctor but i really think it would be worth asking about circulatory issues.

If you had your heart ultra sound whilst either standing or lying down it's not going to show much to do with circulation because you're in one position??  and its not looking at the circulation in the rest of your body is it.

Think heart ultrasound is just making sure your heart muscles are pumping properly and blood is getting through, no blockages, not really much else.

Just ask your Doctor though because it really does sound like a circulation problem.

• Posted

and an ECG is just measuring your pulse and rythm of heart beats no??

Electro Cardiagram Graph???? The pulses of electric going through your heart.

Am I just talking poo or is this right? lol

• Posted

Go to a different cardiologist. Tell them whats happening. Have you worn a holter monitor that would surely show any issues you have noted. You wrote in the anxiety forum? If you do not feel it is related to anxiety the cardiac forum might be better.
  • Posted

you might have high blood pressure and maybe something amiss with your heart or circulatory system.  I would get a thorough check done straight away.

Richard

• Posted

But I just had 2months ago ECG and heart ULTRA sound and everything is fine..
  • Posted

well I don't know really what it could be then.  Keep exploring avenues if you are still worried. All the best

richard

• Posted

Well, if I had heart tests 2months ago so it wouldnt change in so short time i guess..I mean maybe now my heart is in trouble,lol..
    • Posted

have you tried a pulmonologist?  Can try that. They do lungs and circulation of oxygen and the respiratory system

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.