Fast heart rate and pressure

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all. I have some strange feelings and etc for around 6 months. I dont have any panic attacks or anxiety from long time ago, but something is wrong with me. For example in morning I stand up from bed and my heart rate goes to around 130 or when i climb up stairs ( around 20 of them) i get heart rate around 170 per min. Thats not normal I know, but I have had heart ECG, heart ULTRA SOUND,blood tests and etc and everything is fine. But on left side of chest I have pressure, feels like some organ is swollen or I dont know, maybe lung is pressed or something. I had also lungs x-ray but it came out fine. When heart is beating fast, i feel pain in my upper chest like in my airways, and when my heart calms down i have sore upper chest. 1 month ago i got maybe palpitations but not sure if its palpitations, happens most when im standing. I get fast squeeze in left chest like my left lung is squeezed, but in this second my heart stops beating and then starts after 1sec beat fast and again slowly. I really dont know what to do, because im sure i dont have anxiety or panic. I was on xanax,citalopram,lexotanil for long time and nothing helped me for that. P.S My left leg is always cold,mostly when im laying down. Sometimes i get vibrating sound in my left chest and i dont know what is this. Mostly im scared if its my heart or what... Doctors said im okay, but i still feel not normal and without full access to live my life.. I had also brain scans,neck xray and all is fine. All tests I had everything is normal. What do you think I should check? Please dont write about psychollogy problems, because its not this and im sure its not in my head. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Has your digestive system been checked out? Many indigestion and GERD symptoms can cause chest pain often indistinguishable from heart attack symptoms.
    • Posted

No I hadnt, my doctors telling me its all anxiety and etc.. Dont know how to ask to check also digestive system.
    • Posted

You tend to know from fullness after eating, wind or bloating. Google or read up on functional indigestion. Although I don't think that the fast heart rate would be a factor.
    • Posted

Yes I have sometimes hard after eating. Or my heart is racing after food. Most time i have pressure on left side when im walking,running or climbing up on stairs. But it feels like this pressure is not heart, like its left lung or chest muscle, but heart rate is fast anyways. And when heart beating fast i feel like beats are hitting in that chest place where is pressure and there is pain then but not really bad.
  • Posted

Andrew,

I have the exact same thing as you have to the T. I get all the symtoms along with fast and hard heartate. I also get an achy tight chest too. I now have that for 6 months or more now. It happens every day. I had 7 EKGs in the last 6 months, 72 hours heart holter, CAT scan, stress test, echocardiogram, blood work, and consulted with a cardio doctor. Everything checked out great. She said my chances of dying from sudden death due to heart problems is almost impossible in my case. She said i was actually very healthy (I'm not over weight, eat very healthy, gluten free, organic, only eat meat 1x a week). I have a few PVCs or ectopic heart beats during the heart monitor but not enough to be worried about. I actually got them less than a normal person would get. However, I would get these skipped heart beats that sets me off into a panic. But this has been happening for 6 months or more and I havent died yet so I shouldnt be worried. My doctor associated these symptoms to anxiety or panic attacks. However, I live a pretty stress free life and I manage my moods pretty well. But I learned to just live with it. i realized that when I get GERD, my symptoms will flare up more. For example, if i eat a high saturated fat meal, my chest gets tight and my heart rate goes up. Once I started to eat more healthy and avoid foods that trigger my GERD, my weird heart symptoms seems to be less noticeable. I get the vibrations on my chest too and even in my feet. I also noticed that if I dont concentrate on it, it goes away after a few mins. I think if you focus too much on something, you seem to feel it more. If the doctor says you are healthy or fine, then you should be at ease. Try taking vitamins. I dont take vitamins because i eat very healthy so i get all my good stuff from what I normally eat. I also learned that if i focus less on it, I'm more at ease. I hope this helps.

• Posted

A lot of us with atrial fibrillation find that bloating/GERD etc stimualtes the vagus nerve and speeds the heart rate up or brings on an AF session. Not all doctors agree with it.
  • Posted

After initial panic, I discovered that my own arrythmias, at least those that I perceive, are about 90% correlated with when I eat. Begin during  The later stages of a meal or up to about 15 minutes after a I finish.   I had been previously diagnosed with GERD several years ago, took a drug called ompromozole (spelling?) for a year or two, then stopped, and now I am taking a small dose, 20 mg again. Seems to help some with after eating with the arrythmia.  Otherwise I just have to "grin and bear it" once it starts and it will last from 10 minutes to an hour (but normally more like 10-20 minutes.   Was told by a cardiologist who is an electrophysiologist, that mine is not serious, but sure is unpleasant when I get it.   Also what seems to be helpful is taking my Coreg (antihypertensive) at least 3 hours before i eat.    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.