fast heartbeat & so paniced

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a 24 hour heart trace recently. I fully believed my symptoms were anxiety related but were uncomfortable . I didn't always have symptoms

Been to doctors today who say I have beats of 140 min & then I sometimes miss one & that I need to see a cardiologist. I no convinced i'm gunna have a heart attack!! I already suffer from at times severe anxiety/nerves. Can anybody help?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Try not to worry,  it could still be anxiety related.  
    • Posted

Thank you yes I know i'm trying at times i'm ok but then panic sets in!

Will keep trying!

• Posted

Dear ejc

Sorry to hear about your heart fears

I suffer irregular beats but very rarely fast beats however when they do strike they are scary.

No medication I have tried has worked

All on this site seem to be told if there is no physical problem with your heart there's not a lot can be done about ectopic but they are rarely serious so that's all we can take comfort in

Good luck with any checks you have

Gap

• Posted

Thank you for your reply -

it's seems heart problems are more common than I thought the more people I speak too!

It's just gunna seem like a long wait 2 see cardiologist then I will know what i'm dealing with .

Will post when I know more thanks again

• Posted

Erratic heartbeat occurring more and more approximately 8 times a day and also for half hour episodes minimum on the night.  I am also experiencing low heart rate of between Lows of 30 and highs of up to 161 on occasions, This is either sitting down watching TV, or after eating food and trying to get some sleep at night During these periods I feel weird a bit giddy, I feel my heart beating in my throat at times and slight twinges on left and right side of chest where

3 stents fitted 1 in the LAD = 1 In RCA 1 In the LMS (the rear of the heart), im so tired of waiting

This has been going on since January, I have complained to my GP quite a few times  and also been in to see the consultant at the hospital, I have had angiogram again and test for blood flow via a echocardiogram I am scheduled to have another stent in the LAD, just before the other stent. But as yet now date possibly three weeks away, they keep telling me not todo exercise and no its importance  I am fedup now and thinking of walking into A and E

• Posted

Oh dear I can imagine how awful u feel & frustrated. Expect it feels your always waiting!

The state of things these days you do feel like going to a & e!!

my symptoms are always worse after eating & they have told me not to exercise etc

Hope u get some joy soon

• Posted

I suffer with anxiety attacks and have experienced fast heart rate of 132+, I also am sure my heart skips a beat at times, I've had bloods, X-Ray and ECG scans and all came back clean, I was told it is not uncommon for a heart to skip beats, and that they do go unoticed but with many anxiety sufferer's they seem to be noticeable, if you've had your heart checked out and all is OK, you should be fine, it could just be youthe makeup.

• Posted

It its of any help, I was rushed into A&E with a heart rate of 240+ BPM (ventriculatr tacicardia with a flutter). They swiched me off twice and restarted me, but it made no difference. They gave me a pill and that sorted me out. I was released a week later to retun in 4 weeks to have a heart ablation. There were 3 rouge heart rhythms. The ablation cleared 2 of them and tablets for the outer one. 

Just take it easy and relax. If you are very worried then I would go to A&E. smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.