Fasting blood test

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi, lovely people. i hope someone can advise. I received a letter from a GP at my surgery requesting that I have a fasting blood test, glucose I assume. I am currently on 5 mg pred after just over 2 years. Is this necessary or useful do you think? I'm one of the 'lucky' ones who lose weight on pred and my BMI is extremely low. I have little appetite and eat 6 times a day to try to maintain where I am now! I have struggled to get down to 5 and am not sure my adrenals are doing very well. Very fatigued and not too comfortable at the moment.

I'm happy to accept donations of extra pounds that you have to spare!

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I have about 40-prednisone pounds I'd like to ship off to you, will you accept that many ? How about a moonface & some high blood pressure too, darn side-effects. Very happy though you are one of the lucky steroid users. On the fatigue, could you elaborate a bit. I've been suffering with terrible fatigue for a long time now. I was diag. last July with the PMR, & been up down & all around on the prednisone. Currently on 20mg., dropped to that last week, highest ever on was 40mg. & just for a week. l see my family physician tomorrow, he follows my steroid use, symptoms, side-effects between my Rheumatologist visits. THANKS
    • Posted

I accept your offer, reggie of the 40 pounds AND the moon face would be useful against the wrinkles but am afraid I would rather not have the high blood pressure if you could leave that off the shipment.

The fatigue sends me into energy crashes regularly. Thats if I find any energy in the first place. When I do get roped into something it takes a while to recover my equilibrium. So much to do but no enthusiasm!  

You appear to be getting support from the professionals though so thats a good thing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.