Fat and saturated fat content

Posted , 3 users are following.

Do I have to add the fat content to the saturated fat content of a meal to get the total fat amount? :?:

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

no fat is total fat and the one you need to be keeping an eye on and not exceed the stated amounts
  • Posted

:?

I am a bit confused now - I try not to eat anything over 1g of saturated fat in it.

I mean my yoghurt had 0.1g of saturated fat in it - am I doing it wrong.

Week 7 just done and still only lost 6 lbs........ :steam:

• Posted

you should be concentrating on total fat content and not buying anything that has more than 5g's of total fat content in 100g's.

don't be taking the fat content as saturated as you will be taking on to much fat for the purposes of these tablets you need to be reading the total fat

• Posted

example:

WW Low fat cheese triangles.

Typical values per 100g serving

energy117kcal

protein19.9g

carbohydrate 4.3g

of which sugars4.3g

[color=red:a99d01306c]Fat 2.2g[/color:a99d01306c]

of which satuates 1.5g

Fibre 1.7g

etc

If you are just taking into account the saturated amounts you are under calculating by, in this case, 0.7g's. You need to be reading and calculating on the Fat content as a whole

• Posted

Thanks very much for that, I have been going with the WW points basis and counting the saturated fat.

Just looked at my fat for the day using the total fat content-

Breakfast - 6g

Lunch - 11g

Dinner - 9g

I am still well under the 15g per meal and this is a typical day for me. I do sometimes snack on a boring rich tea biscuit.

Am at a total loss how to get some weight off. I don't get the orange oil unless I have a pizza etc at the weekend.

• Posted

Sorry wrote all that wrong -

Breakfast - 6g

Lunch - 2g

Dinner - 9g

Will go for the 10g & less for each meal now. Wrote 15g by mistake before.

• Posted

why don't you get some snack a jacks, less than rich tea which are 1.2g's per biscuit if not the low fat ones and more filling. Or get some Activia no fat yoghurts.

If you are going to over do the fat intake like having pizza then I would suggest not taking a tablet but of course only on the very rare occasion.

have you tried taking some green tea ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.