Fat Face!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone got any suggestions to reduce my fat face from taking prednisolone?

I've been on them for about 10 weeks and still have another 5.5 weeks. :-(

Any advise would be great.

I know when I stop taking them it should reduce but it's really getting me down.

Thank in advance.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ohhh don't I know that feeling. I have now been on prednisone for 18 months and have put up with moon face plus an additional 20kg around my body. I know exactly how you feel. Moon face definitely does reduce as you taper down the mg 's and unfortunately their isn't a lot else you can do the only suggestion I have is drink a min of 2L a day as it helps flush the additional fluid out of your body. Good luck and try and remember no matter how it makes us look it's keeping us above water and without it we would be struggling to live a normal life. I do think you learn to accept it but I understand how your feeling. All the best 💜💗

• Posted

Hi Carrie. I agree with the Missuc's comments really. I know its awful having a puffed up face from experience on pred, but it is helping you with uc symtpoms & healing, so unfortunately it's just something to have to put up with temporarily. How is your new job going, & is your uc more under control at present while on the pred? xx

• Posted

Hi Looloo,

Thanks for your message. New job is going well thanks. I haven't told them about my UC although I casually mentioned I got really bad food poisoning and I still have complications so I've got something about it in.

To be honest they are a lot more relaxed than my old company and I think I will be ok should I need to attend appointments etc and as is happens the hospital is not too far away from my new office so should I need to go I won't be as long as I used to be hopefully.

The pred touch wood seems to be working and since starting in the 8 again all seems ok so far. I was on 8 for 2 weeks then reducing so currently on 6.... Hopefully it won't come back for a long time.

Work is a lot less stressful so should like to think that will help too.

How are you at the moment? x

• Posted

That's great news Carrie. I hope you maintain control of it long term now. also less stress in your new job has got to help. some people have differing opinions whether stress makes colitis worse - it definately does for me.

I don't know when things will ever end for me at present. i am awaiting the results & phone call from my gastro consultant on my contrast mri scan of small bowel i had last week. should get a phone call over next couple of weeks as very limited radiologists can report on that type of scan & they cover 2 hospitals, so results take 2-3wks.

To top it all i went to emergency doc yesterday, & i now have shingles!! so I'm on antiviral meds for a week, & painkiller at bedtime for the associated shingles nerve pain. I'm not surprised really - i feel so run down even thought I'm off work sick.  I suppose it could be worse. xx

• Posted

Oh no poor you looloo. I feel for you. I hope you feel better soon. I haven't experienced shingles but my mum and cousin have and they were very ill with them... That's without other complications.

I hope you get some answers soon. xx

• Posted

Hi Carrie, thanks for your kind comments. I went to emergency doc thursday afternoon as started to get shingles type rash appear - so yes, I've now got bloody shingles !!!! I'm not surprised really.  I'm on anti viral meds for a week which should make it less severe apparently as i went to docs as soon as rash started to appear. also amitryptiline at bedtime to help with the shingles nerve pain. uuuuggghhh what next!!! One good thing, at least the x factor is back on our screens tonight - i can't wait!!! & even better - the lovely Rylan Clark is doing the xtra factor on itv2 this year - i love him!!! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.