Fat kids don't always love cake!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So today is the birthday of one of my colleagues and the running tradition is to bring in cakes and anything else that is bad for you.....the designated table is behind me so luckily i dont get to look at it but why is it that people always think the fat bird will go up first??

Surely me sitting here muchly on cucumber shouts "girl on diet" lol. Does anyone else have a place fo work with these sorts of situation?

Holding strong eek xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yeah mine does so i just did a blanket ban on that one and now people just dont bother
    • Posted

Well you seem to be in a position of power to do that so rock on! The little tests that occur throughout the month test me but its the assumption that i am going to eat them all or why it is that im not having any!
    • Posted

i know what you mean tho. people always say to me there is something left over in the kitchen if you want to finish it off. im not a frikkin waste disposal unit lol
    • Posted

Exactly...i got this way from eating good, quality food just a shed load of it! lol
  • Posted

I know that frustration - everyone assuming that because you're big you must eat pizza for breakfast, a Big Mac for lunch, and an entire cake for dinner everyday. And if you are not eating the unhealthy food, or only having a small amount people go the other way and assume you must be on a diet (even if you're not) because why else would a fatty not be hoovering up the buffet?

I can't say that I'm always super-healthy, and I have binged and over-eaten in the past, but generally my diet is pretty healthy. I hate being patronised and looked down on by people who are naturally thin despite having an awful diet. Wouldn't it be great if everyone had to be fat for a couple of years? Like an empathy internship?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.