fatigue

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on Orlistat for about 10 days now. Wondering if I've been given a placebo as I have not lost anything at all!! Had not really any poo probs but have had real tiredness. Anybody else here had that? Help :?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dolly

I'm on my 7th day; if anything i have more energy now than ever, but it could happen if you're eating alot of carbs rather than fatty foods.

lol at placebo, i thought exactly the same but today i feel the difference already, trousers feel slightly looser - weighing myself tomorrow so will let everyone know how i've done.

C x

• Posted

Hi Dolly

I too am the same as you and on my 10th day today and have not lost anything or had any \"bad\" experiences or \"Seepage\" lol shall we say! I am struggling to get up in the morning but hadnt thought it could be down to the tablets but generally I feel fine! Apart from frustration of not losing anything! Anyone have any ideas? Maybe just not suited for this tablet! I am walking the dog 20 mins before work, parking my car and walking up a steep hill to work everyday, doing cardio at least 3 times a week, eating well as I love my fruit & veggies anyway and drinking water BUT the weight just wont come off me!

I am 31yrs

202 lbs and need to get down to about 150lbs

Help Meeeeee! x

• Posted

Hi

Did you measure yourself before starting? You could have lost inches.

Also don't forget that muscle weighs heavier than fat.

Good luck

Jane

• Posted

Fatigue is one of the side effects of the medication - do make sure you're taking the multi vitamin supplement to replace the fat soluble vitamins you lose through the action of the drug. Also need to make sure you have enough foods with B vitamins (whole grains) as these are essential for energy release.

The comment someone made about muscle weighing more than fat is unfortunately an old wives tale - exercise can only do you good physically and also keeps your mood up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.