Fatigue

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,  im looking for some coping strategies.  I am suffering from fatigue just now.  I'm so very tired all the time.  I feel overwhelmed really.  I'm trying to get more rest and cope but I would be grateful to hear any tips you may have to help.  I have had quite a bit of stress in my life for the last 4 years.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

do you get a good sleep? Also changing your diet to healthy foods will make a large difference. I'm guilty of not eating properly and not getting enough sleep due to my medicines and anxiety lol but a healthy diet does make a world of difference. Those two things are some of the most important things when it comes to energy and fatigue also mental fatigue where your stressed all the time will actual physical drain you so try taking some of the pressure off yourself and get rid of some the stress triggers in your life easier said than done but it's a whole body thing not just physical or mental and you have to treat both sides of it. I also take sleepin medicine which usually gives me a solid 6 hrs of sleep which I need more but it's a start, but the bottom line IMO is try and cut the stress that you can out I know life will always bring stress but I find some of it I bring in on myself and sleep and diet is def beneficial

• Posted

Diet and exercise help a lot..   I have been exhausted and weak so I had a blood test done.  She tested for many things but they all came back normal-- even my iron was in good standing!!   So I thought it was what I was eating..   I am making an effort to eat more fruits, veggies and drinking water.  It's helping because I know that I'm doing something good for myself!!   The days that I can, I try to do push-ups or leg lifts..   I just need to get myself moving which will help I think.

• Posted

Thank you for your replies. Yes good diet and exercise are a good place to start and I think I do have a fairly good diet.  I have a source of stress in my life that I cannot change and I have been coping but I just seem to have come to a bit of a 'stop'.  I just need to accept my circumstances at the moment.  I have been low in iron before so perhaps it's time to get to the doctor again for a check.  Also sleeping is not good, I'm not good at relaxing.

I hope you both go on ok with your own stresses and thank you for your thoughts.

• Posted

Stresses come and go in life...   Just remember a healthy diet and exercise has so many benefits..  The exercise is great for 'coping'-- if I feel frustrated I go for a bike-ride or walk which makes me feel better later.   This morning I went swimming and it felt really good to be in the water again.   I just have to remind myself to do something everyday.. Before bed try to do some stretching and deep breathing exercises--this can help with sleeping..  Or look into a herbal tea that relaxes you.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.