Fatigue

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey All,

How does fatigue affect you? With your phlebotomies, Has it gotten better over time, stayed the same or gotten worse? Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hello

hope this helps vs just wipes you out but keep going and battle through it

i am in maintenance now only had one vs in past year but the year before has one every week for 6 months it was just very tiring never understood what fatigue was till i started the treatment

felt great but got very stiff sore back stiff hips and hands had very good days and bad days , then after lifting something a little too heavy had massive back problems and had difficulty walking

just been diagnosed with pseudogout CPPD basically osteoarthritis calcium crystals break away and deposit in joints causing flair ups and very life changing

my consultant rheumatology advises this to be a direct link to our rusty complaint and after looking it all up he is quite right

they will test your uric acid in blood easily done when you have ferretin test

i just suggest get that down get through h it but keep an rye on the outlook by getting an early uric test

stay positive stay healthy its a tough regime battle on

i thought i needed a back or hip operation and some consultants were suggesting this but it was not the issue CPPD was and thats not operable no cure just has to be controlled so just watch out for it get the tests knowledge shared on here is great particularly from SHERYL

have a great christmas friends and happy 2020 keep in the fight as we say in ireland

• Posted

Thanks for the thumbs up, Tom. Having not experienced what you are going through, I have almost nil knowledge, except for taking magnesium and Vit D3 forte drops which may help with crystal development often caused by para thyroid problems.

Someone phoned me to ask about a medication prescribed by a dr for the same complaint which has been found to be incompatible with having haemochromatosis (name escapes me). A search found that this was true.

If I complained of stiffness and body pain now, the excuse would be 'old age'. Despite this, myself 68 and husband 72 are forcing ourselves to repave our 28 metre driveway (in high summer!). 2-3 rows at a time, at best twice a week. Slowly getting there. We reached the edge of our house a couple of weeks ago so are now benefiting from some shade. A couple of paracetamol beforehand and a shower immediately after works, but walk like a stiff old lady afterwards. A drink of Salvital, then I have to get dinner organised.

We are saving our money for our next trip to France. I think it is important to keep moving (as a physiotherapist told my husband who has some arthritis). He also cycles 20 kms 3 times a week, which I think is a lot softer on the body than running and walking - but keeps the knees and legs pumping. I don't get that much 'formal' excercise and just walking/shopping kills my back. I can't ride a bicycle since falling off one and hitting my head on the road in France (I had not rode a bike since I was 15). I just can't get balance and I put that down to two hip replacements - one out of kilter.

I often think of an elderly man I saw in France who had severe scoliosis, with a huge growth on one side of his back which had him bent double, who walked his bike to a busy street, and commenced to swing his mounting leg back and forth until it was high enough to get over the crossbar of the bike. He wasn't having much success and some people who were sitting at the corner cafe raced over to help him get on the seat. I guess he succeeds eventually, and I suppose he has ridden a bike all his life. Makes me feel like a woose!

On that note, I wish you all a merry christmas and a bubbly new year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.