Fatigue afterCardio Version

Posted , 3 users are following.

wife had cardio version which took three attempts to stop irregular beat. she is feeling very fatigued still three days after. is this normal and expected or is it something else. blood pressure was slightly elevated today but not irregular.

any advice welcomed.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

it's a couple of years since mine, I took 2 shocks to put me back into normal sinus rhythm. I had mine done on a friday morning, I was home by 1pm and spent the rest of the day dozing on the sofa being entertained by the finest brain free entertainment netflix could provide. Saturday I was definitely not at my sharpest either and even on Sunday I could still feel the after effects, mainly muscular aches similar to a post fitness session ache.

I like to think I was relatively fit, up until late 2017 when AF decided to make my life more interesting, I'd been a marathon runner, mountain biker and played rugby until 2014 when I accepted that getting smashed into by people half my age was no longer a good idea.

Based on my own experience I would not be surprised at your wife still feeling fatigued after 3 days but if you're concerned it may be worth a call to the cardiac team at the hospital where she had the procedure. Big shout here to Becky and Roz at Salisbury, they were great. always kept me informed as to what to expect and were always happy to answer any questions I had, even when I asked if they'd prefer to have a brain that connected to WiFi or an immunity to hangovers. (Spoiler. hangovers every time)

• Posted

Hello Richard,

Your wife is very fortunate in that the treatment seems to have worked. I had this done last year and the doctors tried several times but it did not work.I was not tired in the days following this but I would imagine it to be quite normal and resting can only be a good thing. Let`s hope this is permenant for her. You should just check with the doctor to be sure about being tired but rest in any case.

Kathleen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.