fatigue and arms and leg weakness 2 weeks after Cipro

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All

I wish I really read this section before taking Ciprofloxacin 500mg (twice daily) for 14 days, I was prescribed it for suspected UTI / Prostatitis.

I thought my body was tolerating it fairly well, about 10 days after stopping, I discovered my anxiety levels were really high, (ok I can get anxious sometimes), but this was really heightened, I noticed that when I get very high anxious I get very jittery, like \ I can't sit still, have to move my legs, which I never had before. I did take some Ibuprofen after I stopped Cipro, but not during it.

Also, the major thing I have noticed is fatigue, mainly in my arms and legs. It feels like a very minor tingle, (though my arms are not trembling), I can only describe it like when your really hungry and feels like your muscles are tremoring because of no energy, when you use them, which also comes with a slight brain fog, again things I never had prior.

I am very much hoping these symptoms will ease and go away, I am even more annoyed, as I questioned this prior with my GP and she said drug is ok, but just monitor tendon pain, which I didn’t get during the initial dosage.

I am taking magnesium and now B12 supplement, but I suppose the damage could be already done? Anything more I can do to assist myself?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.