Fatigue and Bronchiecstasis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thank you for your previous replies on the subject of fatigue and B.

Another question.

Has anyone had any treatment directly or indirectly for fatigue associated with B?

What kind of symptoms do you experience?

I have been feeling low for a while and wondered about anti depressants?

Fatigue impacts on all all areas of my functioning.

Any other experiences appreciated. It all helps to put it in to perspective plus useful information. Thanks. John

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Lyear...when employed in a permenant post....i very seriously contempleted going onto anti- deperessants as i just could not function to a high enough level to be even half way safe at work.

Fast track forward and after a gruelling year health wise.... i have changed to flexi working and now truelly believe this is the only way ( or me) to remain in employement.

This isn't for everyone though and i quite understand that.

If i had been forced to remain in that permenant post i would have HAD to go onto anti Ds.

You have my sympathies

• Posted

John, I was in the middle of writing a response and had not finished and I think my finger slipped and the whole thing went away.

Now I see down below that apparently my unfinished message went thru and they are moderating it.  So I think my response is wasted.  

Anyway I was talking about vitamins and I'd suggest Vitamin B-12 methylcobalamin if you are not already taking that.  It's a tiny tablet that dissolves under your tongue and it really does the job of being absorbed by the body.  I had my blood tested and the result was something like 1800 and far beyond the normal range.   the doctor said that was great.  Many people have shots for B-12 whereas the pill works just great and prevents having to have a shot.  I have COPD, BX and asthma but no fatigue.   I think that goes along more with infectious diseases or possibly just an infection from Bx.  

I've been on supplements and vitamins for most of my life and I'm in my 70s now and don't suffer from fatigue on a regular daily basis like you are describing.

Sorry for losing my original msg.

Tabatha

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for your information. I will certainly look in to it.

regards

John

• Posted

Hi John

I was already on a low dose of anti depressant when I was diagnosed and I would find it a lot more difficult to cope if I wasn't on them.

I get fatigued but from the advice I've received it's very important to stay active and do some sort of exersize.

Best of luck - some days are a lot worse than others...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.