Fatigue and other symptoms for more than 1 month, what could it be..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. What happened to me in short - around 10th of June this year, I took a walk in the city and felt really bad, had sweat and some temperature and felt really exhausted, couldn't finish my workout after that. On the next day I started having subfebrile temperature, on the 3rd day I had diarrhea in the morning, so I thought it was some virus going, however, I continued to have subfebrile temperature 37.0c-37.4c under armpit for 5-10 days, also had severe fatigue, dizziness and some stomach discomfort, loss of apetite. My father is a hematologist and told me that everything is ok and it is a virus, he looked at my blood test and all is normal, no sign of inflamation whatsoever. But the condition proceeded with other symptoms, I stopped measuring my temperature, because I became obsessed with it and it really made me worried. So for the past 2-3 weeks I have not measured the temperature. I am able to once again participate in some regular task like going to the job, driving a car etc.. But I notice some really disturbing symptoms that made me very worried - I have still reduced apetite, I have brain fog that just won't go away no matter what I do, it is very hard to concentrate my senses - eyesight,hearing, it is very hard to collect and analyze information. Sometimes it takes more seconds to come up with a specific memory or to understand what is surroinding me. My vission is a little blurried like when you have temperature or when yiu have had a very hard night drinking alcohol. It is just that I am like this all the time. It became really hard to think deeper and to perform complex tasks. I feel like I have access to half of my intellectual capacity and a third of my physical.. Its like I am not the same person anymore. My father thinkgs this is a psychological issue, because I had a really hard period at work for the past year (no vacation, training for a different position, really pushing myself to the limit and  I also had lack of sleep for the past few months). But I am so worried, because I read all over the internet for the chronic fatigue syndrome and how it came the same way, as a virus, to most people, but many never recovered. I still cannot do hard physical activity, I was really active at the fitness before, but now I do 6-7 sets of pushups or pullups, and I am absolutely exhausted, the following day after a physical activity my symptoms get a little worse. Yesterday I spend allday at the beach and it was hot, and today I woke up after 9 hours of sleep without being restored and refreshed. 

Sorry for the long post, but this thing is bothering me for 1 month and I am worried. I do not feel depressed, but may have some symptoms of anxiety disorder. Anyone else got through such a period?

My main worries are regarding my vision which stays a little blurred, and the brain fog that is very annoying.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention - I am a 28yo male. No past history of any serious disesase, I only had mono about 6 years ago, not officialy diagnosed. 3 weeks ago when my symptoms started, I tested negative, for HIV, other stds, hepatitis, etc. And my bloodtest results are all in the norm.. I only have  low ESR (2 mm/h) which I read is sometims reffered to the CFS conditions. But still it is not outside a normal range as far as I understood. It is really annoying because my close relatives believe I am making this up and/or overreacting, but I trully feel different and cannot think and act as I did before this came to me...
  • Posted

Hi there goga,

It is a little early to say as symptoms have to be for several months before it is seen as CFS/me. There is usually a trigger, maybe the virus that your father mentioned which could cause pvf/pvs. If it is that many people recover before it leads on to CFS/me. Try to rest when you can and pace your activity, do less and gradually build it back up.

Hope that helps

Beverley

• Posted

Beverley, thanks for the reply. Yes I try to start with shorter exercise sessions. I do not have severe fatigue as described on forums, more probably light to moderate case, as I am able to walk and perform the daily regular tasks. but still hard and long exercise is out of my capacity and I seem to not be able to recover from it. I also have muscle soreness for much longer and often I have muscle soreness without having execised that muscle. For example my legs and glutes and shoulders seem to be sore constantly. The eyesight and perception of surroundings is the most annoying symptom. it is like all my senses are going through some filter before getting to the brain.
    • Posted

I think you describe it well. I see it as the senses are kind of overstimulated so can't process correctly. My sense of smell can make me feel so ill as I seem to be able to smell some awful things others don't sometimes. Vision wise, my eyes can osilate where they seem to be moving too much and so I can't see properly. My hearing too sensitive to sound which can make me feel like I could vomit with some music. I become bloated and in pain from foods I usually tolerate etc.

Try to cut right back on your exercise. I used to walk 30 miles a week, swim, gym and do Pilate's and yoga at one point. It's hard to cut back, I know but see it as a step forward to getting your energy back.

Beverley

• Posted

Hi. I was diagnosed 2 years ago after years of struggling with annual lapses of what you describe. My last bad episode I was in bed for 3 months and finally diagnosed. My advice is not to push the recovery period. Listen to your body and even on a good day rest periodically. I have now reduced my hours to 16 after battling to remain full time. I now have to try and work at life balance which is difficult but I am optimistic after readin people's stories. It's so frustrating trying to explain your symptoms and feeling to anyone who has not suffered CFS as they don't get it. This site is where the support is. Hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.