Fatigue and RA

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello all,   I get really tired all the time, and sleep a lot, I do have RA,  Does anyone else get this tired not during a flare?   Or with a low disease activity?   (I have been lucky recently as not experiencing other problems) - this is the worst symptom for me at the moment, and just wondered whether it may be caused by something other than RA?   Thanks

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also have many days when I feel so tired for no apparent reason, although I do loose sleep with pains in hands some nights.  After being up and doing a few chores I have lunch and invariably try and doze for a while.  Its so annoying and my partner can't seem to understand its part of my RA
  • Posted

Thank you all, this forum is great, I don't feel alone anymore :-)
    • Posted

Yeh it's really helped me. Not to keep repeating myself but I stumbled across it in desperation last week looking for ra info. You can feel like this is only happening to u but clearly is not. I'm going to ask my rheumatologist when I go in a few weeks for a few names and numbers of people in my area with ra and start a group. I don't know anyone in my area with it. I certainly don't feel so isolated as I Did.
    • Posted

Hi Gemma,

Might be worth taking a look at the NRAS website too; they have loads of guides you can download, I've found them very useful

• Posted

Me either! I don't feel so alone now either. I wish some of you were in my town. I'm pretty physically lonely. No family near me and no friends except at work and I can't go to all those after work events anymore :-/
  • Posted

UGH!  Bad day today.  Walked to the train (15 minutes), hour ride to work, work, train ride home, 15 minute walk home.  I am so tired there aren't really words for the tired and my feet and hands hurt.  So aweful!  Speaking of fatigue, have you all ever noticed when you're walking down the side walk and there is a little dip, like where there is a crossing point and the side walk slants ever-so-slightly down to allow wheelchairs to roll down, that when you walk back up that TINY slant, it feels like a mountain?!  I can feel every tiny change in elevation on "smooth" pavement now.  Anything that isn't perfectly straight, takes "huffing and puffing" effort.  And forget about a steep grade, even a small little hill.  I have to rest while walking it.  These are things I wouldn't have even NOTICED before RA.
    • Posted

Hi Kim

Hey Yeh I've noticed that too. I really dislike the raised balls on the pavement just before a pedestrian crossing to alert blind people of the crossing ahead. Naturally they're a necessity for some other unfortunate people but they're sore on the balls of the feet. Also cobbles are tricky too.

• Posted

Wow!  It is so validating to be understood like this.  I thought I was so weak and out of shape to have a hard time walking up a sidewalk slant.  Even with RA, I am still amazed at the exhaustion.  Thanks for replying.  It is such a comfort to know I'm not alone, I am not weak and I am not losing my mind!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.