Fatigue and SS

Posted , 13 users are following.

Can I receive some examples or feedback about fatigue levels. My fatigue is rediculous. I am omly 58 years young and have always been very active. Now I am doing well most days to get through the day with basics like feeding dogs, shower etc. Does anyone have ideas for relief from fatigue? Wondering if we are stuck with this forever?frown

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I always give my body what it wants, if you are tired have a sleep, that's what I do xxx

• Posted

I agree with that. After a 15 minute nap I can feel like a new person.
    • Posted

Fatigue & sleepiness are not always the same thing. I am totally envious of the ability to nap on command, but sleep doesn't always do anything for my fatigue.

• Posted

That is definitely my philosophy. My physician told me yesterday he can not help the fatigue. Of course I exercise good self care with reasonable diet and I rest frequently. My naps are more like 2-3 hours eek  but not every day.

• Posted

I feel for you! I finally had to go on disability. My rheumatologist at Cleveland Clinic prescribed provilgil 100 mg 2Xs a day. It's helps a lot with fatigue. I was given it when I was 57.

Hope this helps you.

PS: It has to be approved in advance with insurance.

• Posted

I have never heard of that drug. I will look it up. I am on disability. The low BP, fatige and brain fog took its toll. They still are.  cry

• Posted

My daughter is 33 and showing AI symptoms. They have started her on a similar med until they have a full diagnosis and regimen. Has really helped her energy level. Just found out this week. I see my doc Tuesday and will ask about it. Sharing info can be powerful. Thanks so much.
    • Posted

Can you tell me what's the steps to get 

Disability? My doctor told me he can give it to me but the rest is on the social security company. Are you used a layer?

• Posted

Can you tell me what's the steps to get 

Disability? My doctor told me he can give it to me but the rest is on the social security company. Are you used a layer?

Are you using anything for the brain fog?

• Posted

This was in the BSSA magazine just received. Might be worth you reading it.

https://www.sjogrenscambs.co.uk/previous-talks/sjögren-s-syndrome/

• Posted

the reason you take it under your tongue rather than tablet form is that there are veins under the tongue and being 'sublingual' gets into the system quicker than tablet that has to be absorbed via the stomach. 

• Posted

I was told by a gp to try vitB12. He wanted me to have injections 3-4 days apart but that wasn't going to happen. So he recommended the B12 spray that you spray under your tongue, several times per day. That has helped heaps with my fatigue.

• Posted

This interests me too. I used to take B12 capsules, then didn't replace it. But just recently bought it again; mine is a liquid with dropper to put under th tongue.  I was only just saying to my friend this morning that I seem to have more interest in getting on with things, whereas before I just left things to lie a 'bit longer'. Does seem to be helping me too.

• Posted

Two testimonials for the B12! If I can find the liquid locally, I'll try it. Shots did nothing for me in my 30s but I'm so much more fatigued now that I'll try again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.