Fatigue/ bleeding/ nausea while on Nexplanon

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on Nexplanon for about 3 months now. I've been continuously menstruating since I started it, and the bleeding's gotten heavier in the past month. I also feel nauseous most days (usually in the morning) and feel fatigued everyday. There are other less severe symptoms too (i.e. breast pain most days, feeling cold all the time, crying more easily). I've been taking an iron supplement (65mg/ day) for about 2 months since I'm assuming some of the symptoms are coming from low iron due to constant bleeding but I'm still exhausted all the time. I also try to eat iron-rich foods and otherwise eat healthy/ light exercise. I've made an appointment to have the Nexplanon removed but would love any advice from anyone with a similar experience on how to deal with these symptoms in the coming weeks.

Thank you 😃

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately I was never able to figure out anything to relieve any of my symptoms. I had all of those same exact issues when I had Nexplanon. I got it removed and now have the Mirena IUD. No period, no issues or crazy symptoms for me. Good luck!

• Posted

In my opinion, contact your health care provider and remove the implant, as you are having so much side effects. If you really want an effective contraceptive with the minimal side effects, go for hormonal IUD.

For other contraceptive options :

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

i had a similar experience. I would bleed constantly and my breasts hurt. i also noticed I developed bv when i got on it. I would bleed heavy for a few days to a week and the rest of the month was just spotting. that went on for a few months and now ive had it for 6 and i dont bleed at all anymore. my breast pain also went away. i still get nauseous tho. idk what to do about it 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.