Fatigue From Anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had anxiety, for a long time. For a few months now, it's been severe. I've been feeling very fatigued throughout the day, though. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not, you can have a lot of fatigue, all of a sudden from anxiety. 

I usually, stay up 14-16 hour's/day, and I get 5-10 hour's of sleep (generally 6-9 hour's), each night. Even when I haven't been severely anxious, I feel tired, all day. I eat regulary throughout the day, as well. 

If anyone knows what's going on here, and can help me understand, that would be nice. Thanks.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety can be exhausting, physically and mentally.  Maybe go see your doc and get blood work to rule out other causes.
    • Posted

I already got bloodwork done, & it all came back perfect. But I guess, it's probably just anxiety. Thanks though.
    • Posted

That's very decent you've already got your bloodwork assessed. Can I ask about your lifestyle? Your job, exercise, movement, household, hobbies?
    • Posted

I agree, those are very important things that play into our anxiety! Good questions to ask, and answered to a trusting person!
    • Posted

I'm currently unemployed, until I get my anxiety straightened out & better controlled. I love walking trails, & I sometimes walk around my neighborhood for 1 to 4 lap's (usually). My household is very noisy. I live with my mom, stepdad, my mom's 2 siblings (aunt & uncle), a 5-year old half sister, a 3-year old half brother, a 15-year old brother, & an almost 14-year old brother. It tends to get pretty hectic, & there's always arguing.. Like, there's hardly EVER a break from the arguments for more than 10 minute's. No lie.. I love to read, journal, sometimes write poetry, walk trails, sometimes star gaze..
    • Posted

Good for you.  You are recognizing what triggers you anxieties and learning ways to cope.  I am sorry that you have to live in such a chaotic enviroment. Wow, I would definitely find ways to get out of the house to find peace of mind.
  • Posted

I get it too although i admit lack of sleep is a huge issue for me but even if i have slept a bit i can still suddenly feel very weighed down by fatigue,anxiety tires the body and mind because it makes it work so hard, it's like you have run a marathon even if you have done very little and sometimes even when the anxiety isn't so bad fatigue can still be a problem, i think it's common and very normal.

My bloods were all fine too but i still try to eat energy giving foods x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.