Fatigue, lightheaded, feeling generally unwell for months

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been struggling with a severe fatigue for a few months now with bouts of feeling very unwell, weak and lightheaded, sometimes to the point where I feel as though I am going to collapse or pass out. I imagine it to feeling as though my blood sugar is low, although I do not have diabetes.

I try to avoid posting about these things on forums nowadays and just get on with life without dwelling on my symptoms as I know it can often make things worse but it's getting to a point now where I cannot function properly and I need some advice.

My sleep is OK, I do wake up a few times each night but I usually get 8 hours sleep. I'm reasonably fit. I'd say my diet is also ok.

All the standard blood tests come back as normal so I'm struggling to work out what could be causing this. Does anybody have any idea what might be the issue and what I can look into?

Thank you

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

HI , i feel the same as you and my blood tests where all good. I dont sleep that well . I just come over very tired and feel anxious and weak. Lets hope we get some advice.

• Posted

Hi Finley and recoverandheal,

did either of you have a trigger? Something that happened prior to symptoms starting such as flu/mono, virus, surgery, an accident-something like that?

When you say your blood tests come back normal, what blood tests did they run? For instance, did they run vitamin D levels as part of your test?

Beverley

• Posted

HI Bev, no illness colds flu etc. And was tested for all with blood tests. Its a mystery but annoying with no energy .

• Posted

Hi Finley,

yep, the no energy is irritating to say the least! I can sure relate to that.

Any other major changes like relationship breakdown, bereavement, house or job move?

Did they definitely test for vitamin D? It is difficult because some places test this some don't.

Other things could be allergy/intolerance or mould and/or as said by K51095 biotoxin? These things are not tested for in usual blood tests.

Beverley

• Posted

Hi Beverley_01 I know this is an old post but wondering if you found any relief. I have a lot of the same stuff going on for 4 years - horribly unwell - and we are just discovering dysbiosis (gut issues). Treating this and am finally making some progress. Just wanted to know if you had any luck. Thanks, Sandy

• Edited

Hi Sandy,

Sorry for the late reply. It is just hard to get into account now with all the added security.

Sorry to say, no real relief here but, I am doing better at not thinking I will manage to "get away with" doing things at least!

I am just curious -with the stomach issues, how are you treating that?

best wishes,

Beverley

• Posted

I did write long reply but got a message "waiting for moderator to review" . so hopefully it comes through.

• Posted

Hi Sandy,

There used to be a private message system too that worked when moderated messages weren't allowed.

Hopefully it will come through ok.

Best wishes,

Beverley

• Posted

Let me know if it doesn't come through - I will recreate and send again tomorrow - it was good info about how I am treating SIBO/gut issues, which is totally causing the problems. VERY hard to diagnose and treat but it is what has made me feel dreadful for the last 3+ years!

• Posted

Hi Sandy,

That is quite incredible. I have a friend who studied nutrition as her daughter has many different things going on. She could have quite severe behavioural issues but, is better after changing diet. The Whole family are wheat/gluten free and dairy free too as well as vegan. I am also wheat and dairy free and vegetarian plus try my best to avoid sugar. Not sure how much it helps but, I know yeast definitely affects me if I have it in a wheatfree roll etc. How do you manage with managing the histamine ?

It is hard to work out what causes some of the issues sometimes, I agree and our gut health is a major factor for sure.

• Posted

I would look into Biotoxin Illness. All blood tests other than specific ones that they do not generally check will be normal. The typical abnormal tests for this illness will be cortisol, mmp9, adh, c4a, c3a, leptin (sometimes), vit d ( sometimes), tgfbeta, vegf. C4a and tgfbeta are the tale tell ones in my opinion. Best of luck

• Posted

Chronic fatigue syndrome possibly,also known as ME ? Doctors have been scoffing at this for a long time but its becoming more widely accepted . Have a look around the Internet for more info.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.