Fatigue Two Months Out From Surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had major surgery on ankle Nov. 9th. I am in a walking cam boot and going to physical therapy twice a week. I work from home. I am baffled that I am so exhausted. Is anyone else dealing with a lot of fatigue?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I am 2 months post surgery and I feel like I hit a wall every day, I wonder how long anesthesia stays in our system?
  • Posted

I also experienced fatigue.  I think it was due to how stressful these injuries and the recovery is.
  • Posted

Don't forget you've had an anaesthetic too which takes a while to get over. For me it was around the three to four month mark when I started coming right.

• Posted

Yes I am fatigued a lot but I am taking a multi vitamin and that does help out l.
  • Posted

I had my surgery on Oct. 28th.  I was also was fatigued the first couple of weeks.  It got better for me.  But I am retired and I am sure working makes it difficult....even working from home.  
    • Posted

Yes....I started weight bearing on Dec. 21st.  It was a slow start, but getting better every day.  I walked 2.5 miles yesterday while on vacation.  You?
    • Posted

What kind of surgery did you have? I am still in the franken boot, but starting physical therapy next week and then on 2 weeks the boot comes off and the brace goes on. I can't wait to drive again 😃

• Posted

I had a trimalleolar fracture and ORIF surgery.  I started

physical  therapy on Dec. 21st and went 6 times.  Once I got the ok to weight bear, the ortho surgeon said I was healed and did not need the boot. The first week after surgery I had a splint on, then 3 weeks in a cast and 3 weeks in the boot.  It is a great feeling to be able to drive again.  

• Posted

Thank you everyone. I am glad I'm not the only one tired. Appreciate your feedback?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.