Fatigue with Biliary issues.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had (still have) lighter coloured and bitty stools, incident of blood and pale stools (with weight loss so some malabsorption) over the last six months. blood tests show nothing wrong. Waiting for ultra-scan. I think I have something blocking the bile duct system as recent stomach ache and slightly raised temp (0.5 deg C) then changed to better coloured stools (darker brown). Worry about a Pancreas issue.

The fatigue (something I have had in a minor way infrequently all my adult life) comes and goes and wonder if these conditions go together.

I have been regularly taking Blood Sugar levels and they seem OK. Any urine test also comes up clear. I would have thought blockage in the bile system (ducts) would at least show raised bilirubin levels, but apparently not! But then perhaps the blood tests happened at the wrong time.

Anyone have knowledge of what triggers fatigue and with similar experiences?

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You may have gallstones which will show on the scan. Problems like yours can be so complicated its impossible to give a diagnosis without multiple tests.Have you had any excruciating pain just under your ribs?That can indicate gallstones which can form in the gall bladder or in the duct.Are you, or have you been a heavy drinker? Do you have a high fat diet? Both can affect the liver. The fatigue may not be connected at all.

Have you been jaundiced ie skin turning yellow?Do you take any medication or painkillers on a regular basis? Do your family ie Mother or Father/ siblings have a history of gut problems? Sometimes genetics can be to blame.

I'm sure your doctor will have taken all these things into account, so just keep having whatever tests are advised.

You mention malabsorption. Has anyone considered BAM? Bile acid malabsorption. That can be diagnosed by a Gamma ray scan but many gastroenterologists are not aware of the condition. May be worth mentioning it.Do hope you find some answers soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.