Fatigued at regular periods of the day. Is this typical of CFS ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I seem to get fatigued ( tired , headache, fog brain, sensitive to noise and light) about 3 hrs after I have got up - during that time - very light  housework, bit of TV, 20 min walk. The same happens mid afternoon at about  3 ish. Then I seem to b bit bettr in early eve, but sleep last few nights at 10 til 7.30. Does anyone else get this? I'm quite new to accepting diagnosis - so not really clicked my patterns. 

I was working FT until a week ago, but couldn't snags as needing to rest / sleep in day time and had a lot of foggy brain. So am on sick at mo.  Scared I won't return and will b really skint. 

Feeling lonely and isolated at the mo.

Thanks for listening and being part of this forum, reading posts and teying when I have something to offer helps me feel less lonely.

Xx 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I feel exactly the same as you different times of the day  I get really fatiqued  so much so I can't talk I just have to lie down !!!!!  I understand the isolation I feel the same 

I also feel very depressed  this illness has ruined my life ! Changed it completely I feel as if the whole worlds getting on with life & I'm on the side whatching !!!!

im not sure if it's the norm but it is for me ! 

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi Dawn, Thanks so much for replying. I have just come back from being at my mum's she finds CFS too distressing to read about or look up on the internet - I suggested I could print stuff off and go through it w her and my brother - she just left the room and said " that wont help me" she is totally unable to deal with any tricky emotions.  I feel lonely because of it tbh.  I have just got honme really upset.

Anyway - sorry to moan I know its not really what this place is for.

Hope you are having a good day. xx

• Posted

Hi kiloran , I think it's exactly what this site is for ! Help for us sufferers & if it's knowledge that's needed or just a  person to moan to you will find someone on here that's willing to help !! When you suffer day after day it's hard to stay positive ( especially when people around you don't or won't understand !!!) so to be able to off load your feelings gets you through the day ! I certainly have done my fair share of moaning so good luck to you & take care x

• Posted

Bless ya both, it is so very hard to get anyone to understand how you feel & how m e changes your whole life, this sight is good for expressing your opinion,feelings,& concerns etc,and know one will judge you for it,,in tym you will get to know and understand your day to day ups n downs, and recognise your symptoms better,its incredible how you can go from being so active n independant to being so weak n lifeless,, if only we could explain to other non suffers and get some compassion n understanding,, its all down to being organised n routined,, alot of the tym u will have to just rely on good old fashioned will power, i stopped tryin to explain to my partner how or wot was happening to me along tym ago as it was like talkin to the wall, even thou i gave her a list of everything & explained all about it,, so it is very lonly at tyms but there are others worse off,, so try to be as strong n brave as you can be,& just take ech day as it cums,, good luk..
  • Posted

Thank you bubbles you are so right it's like talking to the wall trying to be understood 

it can be a very lonely place life some times but other times. I'm at my happiest home alone & quite dread the thought of visitors !! I've turned down so many outings that I no longer get invited !! I don't want to go but wish I could !!( if that makes sence ???)

hope you all have a good day take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.