Fatty Liver

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed this away back in 2008, syptoms include dizzyness which can be very un pleasent, sharp strong abdominal pain which is around your gal bladder area, pain is like a stabbing sensation. Pulse racing or slowness of pulse. Drawness yellow colouring of face.

The cause of it in my case i'm a little overweight

I have found some herbal remindes which I will try and let you know how I get on, doctors have been pretty clueless, hopeless really, very little is known about this

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The symptons I've read about for fatty liver on here suggest that only a mild pain is typical, not sharp stabbing pain.

A colleague of mine was suffering from sharp, stabbing pain from time to time which could leave her in agony and was eventually diagnosed with gall bladder problems. Essentially there was a constriction that prevented bile from leaving the liver and entering the stomach and this build-up causes severe pain - she had an urgent operation to remove the gall bladder and has improved a lot since then.

Given that your pain doesn't seem typical of that described for fatty liver I would consider asking your GP if gallstones or gall bladder constriction is more likely.

• Posted

I suffered with extreme pain for a couple of years, I knew I was ill but my GP told me it was due to my Acid Reflux. However I knew my body and felt something just wasn't right. The pain I felt was the feeling of severe stabbing and eventually left me unable to take a deep breath and rolling on the floor in agony. After being referred for an ultrasound on my chest I was diagnosed with having a severe inflammation of my Gallbladder with lots of gallstones and needed emergency surgery to remove it, so was referred on to a higher hospital for a further scan. However this so called higher hospital diagnosed me with just a slight inflammation of my Gallbladder and sent me away. Over the course of 3 months I was rushed back to this hospital and given morphine to deal with the pain, and they still said it was a slight inflammation. After increasing the morphine over the 3 month period it no longer helped as the pain became too strong, so they decided to do emergency surgery to remove the Gallbladder. After removal its was plain to see that I had a SEVERE inflammation as stated by the old gentlemen that had diagnosed me in the first place. So ended up suffering and unable to work because of there negligence, and so nearly ended up with Pancreaitis because it was left so long. Once I had the op I thought I would feel so much better, how wrong I was I, I still have stabbing pain coming from the middle of my chest going towards the right and still find it hard to breath at times, I am a little overweight but not obese, my body seems to hold fat around my top half of my abdomen I don't know why and I have now been diagnosed with having non alcoholic Liver Disease and Kidney Stones. So what I would like to say is if you have any persistent pains from this area PLEASE insist on an ultrasound or MRI Scan only!!... and keep going back to your dr until its sorted :wink:
  • Posted

How is Fatty Liver actually diagnosed? Is it blood tests only or with a scan. I have raised Liver profile but no pian bur i do feel light headed and dizzy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.