Fatty Liver

Posted , 7 users are following.

My scan showed up with fatty liver but my doctor didn't seem too worried.  All my Liver function tests have come back normal and my liver is normal size (not enlarged).  I am obese and now on a mission to lose weight.  Do i need to be worried about this or will it go away once i've lost weight?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm now on the upward path to weight loss.  I'm steadily losing weight but i read somewhere recently that it's even harder to lose weight than normally with a fatty liver and Type 2 diabetes - has anyone else found this?  I just seem to be eating very little and consuming less calories in order to lose anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.