fatty liver

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, after a few months of enzyme levels rising and then falling I had an ultrasound showing slightly fatty liver, I have a fibroscan in a few weeks for an in depth look at the liver, today I saw the consultant who said he thinks my condition is reversible with a good diet and plenty exercise, which came as a lovely surprise. So I await a dieticians appointment, meantime has anybody any dietary advice to get me going please?biggrin

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Stay off fatty or fried food including hot and spicy food. Do some exercise like brisk walking.

Start the day with juice from half lemon, two teaspoons of honey and two teaspoons of olive leaf extract. Follow by a warm cup of hot oats drink with one tablespoon of phylum husk.

eat a light breakfast thereafter of toast or fruit ( if needed)

then after one hour drink juice made from 3 Indian gooseberry or made from dry Indian gooseberry powder ( about 20-30ml) with warm water.

take one multi vitamin tablet/ capsule twice a day ( once in the morning and once after dinner in the evening. Do the same with vitamin E (400i.u).

take one 1000mg omega 3 capsule with 180 EPA and 120  DHA three times per day after each meal.

after dinner, repeat 2 teaspoons of olive leaf extract with some warm water.

stay away from cold or gassy drinks.

Cut down Carbohydrates as much as you can and try to lose some weight - about 5-10 kgs for the first three months. (I lost 2.3 kgs in the first 20 days after I began the above regiment.

remember also to have ample sleep and one should be in bed by not later than 10:30- 11pm each day. 

• Posted

Yes, my dietician (hospital) was very good. Have some nutricious such as plain porridge or quality mueseli for breakfast, at least two prices of fruit during the day, something simple like a sandwich for lunch, especially if you are not home to make something, and then something homemda for the evening. Just don't buy ready meals or takeaways, if you're not a cook, buy things like a packet of mince, bolognese sauce or chilli sauce, or make a shepherds pie, buy some fish and some new potatoes and peas, you get the idea.

You need to rotate it and find things you like. Plenty of fluids, not alcohol. It's fine to have the odd rubbish food, as long as you are good most of the time. For me, also, eating natural foods like butter not chemical margarine, cheese and others also helped.

In a year, my cholesterol went from 5.5 to 4.2.

• Posted

stop the white...bread, pasta, rice.  opt for the healthier WW or whole grain.

check everything for hidden sugars.  anything with "ose" at the end eg. sucralose is not good.  Go easy on potatoes. starches/Carbs are hidden sugars.

• Posted

dumb computer..

I was also typing try to eat a protein with every meal as it helps block carbs and don't lose weight too fast or it can actually do more harm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.