Fatty Liver

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anybody been diagnosed with fatty liver disease and how are you coping

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had fatty liver as well, need to normalize y SGPT and SGOT per our company doctor, a friend of mine advise us to take supplement from USANA, its Hepasil, my SGOT got normalize and currently working with my SGPT

• Posted

Fatty liver disease is easily reversible with a lifestyle change, unless its NAFLD.
    • Posted

It's not lifestyle with me Joe as l eat healthy exercise regularly and my weight is well within the range that's why I'm so worried about also l don't drink alcohol at all and haven't done since my 20s then it was just social I'm now 67

• Posted

Then safe to say its most likely NAFLD? Which should be fine, you don't have to be a burger eating overweight human to get NAFLD, sometimes its just a glitch with your body and how it processes foods. What were your numbers on the LFT's and what presented you to the Doctor/Hospital?

• Posted

Thanks Joe l don't have numbers off hand but l know they are creeping up. I have to have regular bloods done as l have autoimmune illnesses also had bloods scans and colonoscopy done when l was diagnosed with diverticulitis my liver enzymes were picked up on several blood tests. I'm worried that l will have to have a transplant and now I'm finding that I'm constantly watching what l eat incase it contains fat or sugar it's becoming an obsession

• Posted

You should find out what you're numbers are, always ask doctors for a copy of the report. Also, if you have been diagnosed with fatty liver, I would get a blood sugar monitor and check for glucose intolerance (That's a big sign of any liver disease, and a great test you can do from the comforts of your own home)

• Posted

Hi

I was diagnosed a couple of years ago...i had been sort of ok but over the last couple of weeks i have gone down hill...feel really ill most of the time...pain really bad on right hand side. Have to go for some more blood tests on the 6th and am waiting for an appt for anotherr scan. So sick and tired of being sick and tired!!

Have you only just been diagnosed??

• Posted

Hi Selina l was diagnosed in April by way of ultra sound scan my enzymes have been rising ever since so now have to have biopsy which scares me mine is NAFLD I'm very slim so I'm worried that there is physically l can do to help it. I eat very healthily and go to 3/4 classes at the gym each week. I'm 67 and really worried that it is now NASH. I feel well and don't have pain l do sjorgens lupus and diverticulitis so not in the best of health

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.