Fatty liver

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with fatty liver about 3 years ago. It was pure accident I had abdominal ultrasound and that’s what showed. All my blood work is fine. I am 35 and absolutely don’t drink alcoholic beverages and super skinny. I was wondering how do you get rid of it? My doctor is not concerned at all. What should I avoid as far as it food goes- i like sweets, but who doesn’t. I don’t eat fast food or fried due to my gastritis. Does anyone know anything about non- alcoholic fatty liver? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have fatty liver 8 years now without any consequence. I avoid eating fatty foods, sweets ,I dont drink wine or very rarely, not any fast food. Most evenings I eat fruits and some cheese and I try to lose some weight .Right now my weight is 68 kgs with a height of 1.63. I suppose to have with my height of 1.63,k 66 Kgs.
  • Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed with fatty liver I weighed 9.7 fibroscan 10.1.

I dont drink or smoke, I was advised to lose weight,so I started to walk for 1 hour a day and started to look eat

health diet (although I did think my diet was ok.)

6 months later I weighed 8.10 my fibro scan was 7.01.

Dr was very pleased with my results..?

February this year I had put a bit of

weighed on 9st but my fibroscan was the same.

I now have to go back to hospial in 3 years. I believe eating sensibly helps

3 small meals a day, salad, fruit.no ready meals.

I was adviced to look on nhs eating health site.plenty exersise.

I believe one day a tablet will be available to reduce fatty liver.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.