Fatty Liver and Colorectal Cancer?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a flexi sigmoidoscopy scheduled in 4 days. I have had issues with my bowels for many years. I am either constipated or have diarrhea all the time. A few years ago I had external hemorroides removed and they are back; so when I went to see the doctor for blood in my stool, mucus, dripping blood in the toilet, feel the need to defecate but I can't, gassy, however, my symptoms were dismissed as hemorroides.

I had blood test done for a new pcp and my results were crazy! Anemia, fatty liver (later diagnosed through ultrasound and CT scan), maybe diabetes, don't see the doctor for that until I go for my flexi. And since the CT and ultrasound happened at the ER due to abdominal pain, I don't know what else they saw until I see my doctor.

Liver enzymes are high. I'm a mess. My stools look like ribbons, they are pretty flat, and I am very worried about the whole thing. The flexi I'm having because at least one doctor didn't care about my age.

I use the VA hospital and it takes a while to get seen, so I try to distract myself. I also have arthritis on my back, but because I'm 39, doctors tell me I'm too young for this or that; until I insist with the testing and they realize I'm not well.

Anyone has had non-alcoholic fatty liver due to colorectal cancer?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Merly just saw your post asi am new to the site. I am hoping that your test were good. Please give us an update. We care. Diane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.