Fatty liver and pancreas but GP said your scan is normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im confused can someone explain please 

Ive had a pain in my right lower chest area going through to my back and it  comes and goes but sometimes its stabbing making me scream unexpectedly mainly at night .

if i sit or lay down it comes on but is less if I stand up?

its been like it for 2months .

i had a chest xray and all is clear so its not broken ribs

I used to have Pancreas insuffiency but then they say i didnt? 

So i came off creon 8 years ago

my GP got me a quick ultrasound.the report came back that afternoon on my patient acess web page 

(which i must stress please everyone sign up to uk patient access? Web site Go to your GP and get a user ID number to view all your medical history for free) you can see letters &results from doctors consultants etc days before the GP Reads it or it comes in the post)

anyways the report said

The liver could not be adequately assessed due the scan restrictions and due to increased echogenecity throughout.

Appearances were of diffuse fatty infiltration.

In the areas seen there is no obvious intrahepatic duct dilation.

The gall bladder was partially obscured.

However,it appeared thin walled and didn't contain calculi.

The CBD was not dilated measuring 5.2mm.

The Pancreas was bright in appearance .

Appearances were of fatty infiltration.

No ascites seen.

i went to my GP next day and he said my scan was normal and didnt suggest diet or reducing alcohol or more exercise?

i said the letter said fatty liver etc and could i have a proper scan as she was young and didnt scan me sitting up or bending over which is why she couldnt access all of my bits properly?

and he said no need your fine go home 

i asked about the pain he said take paracetamol? 

Which i said didn't work 

what shal i do people?

many thanks 

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think RHGB is offering you sound advice.  A fatty liver can be reversed by eating a low fat diet, getting some exercise and losing weight if you are overweight. Also if you drink, cut out alcohol. If you don't eat healthily, exercise and get down to a healthy BMI, you are heading for serious illness which may not be reversible. It's a sad fact that most people in UK eat far more than their needs. I always felt I ate healthily, but after some serious gallbladder issues, I realise I was eating much larger portions than I needed. I have lost about four stones in a year by weighing food, counting calories and eating a low fat diet. 

Your GP sounds like he's not interested. Do as  RHGB says and get a second opinion and ask what you can do to reverses this situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.