fatty liver disease

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with fatty liver disease. My doctor says it has to be kept a look at. Any advice please

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Does anyone get a slight pain/discomfort from their fatty liver?  I get that under my right rib but not sure if it is related to the fatty liver.  I had an MRI scan last Monday so hopefully once i get the results i will find out whether this slight pain/discomfort may or may not be related.
    • Posted

did you get the results,I too have these pains and was tod it was gallstones
    • Posted

hello i had my MRI report but there was no mention of the fatty liver as they are really concentrating on my cyst which they are looking at in detail, i have to find out what sort of cyst it is and i am waiting for a blood test now to rule out or confirm whatever it is.  I have been assured though that it is not cancerous which is a relief but because it's a classed as a complex cyst that is what all the investigation is about.  I am due to see a consultant this Friday so hopefully i will know more then but it really is a waiting game in these sort of circumstances.  Thanks for asking anyway, i will keep you updated.
    • Posted

Great new about it not being cancer you must be really relieved.

hope all goes well on Friday x holly

• Posted

Hi My ultrasound showed a cyst but an MRI then confirmed it as three Focule Nodule Hyperplasmia - these are benign and I am told they will do no follow up scans. Also fatty liver. Unhappy about this - going back to Dr to try to insist on a follow up 12 months scan. The worry of misdiagnosis is driving me insane. Hope all goes well Friday
    • Posted

Hello Lucy I'm sure they wouldn't have misdiagnosed but if your GP says no then I would consider paying privately for a scan. Once I get my problem sorted I'm going to do follow up checks and pay if I need to - this has really shaken me and knocked me into taking responsibility for my own health, I'm glad in a weird way that this has now been picked up and hopefully is treatable whatever it is.
  • Posted

My GP doesn't seem too concerned with the fact that i had fatty liver diagnosed, what can i do apart from changing my lifestyle with diet and excercise (which is what i'm doing).  How will i know that it has gone?  (my GP said it can be reversed).  Do i just need to ask for follow up scans every few months or so?  thanks
    • Posted

Ask for an Iron Studies/Panel (blood test).  People with fatty liver generally have high ferritin iron.  I know of people whose ferritin iron levels dropped quickly when they eliminated sugars and starches from diet.  As sugars/starches cause fatty liver, this would be an indication that the fatty liver is reversing.  I.e. have follow up Iron Studies/Panel.

• Posted

My ferritin levels are of no concern so am wondering if this is why the GP is not unduly too concerned.  I am more conscious of what i eat and drink (i've stopped drinking wine) and so i hope to see an improvement when i have a next scan in 3 - 4 months time for my liver cyst and hope the fatty liver has improved by that time too.
  • Posted

Just come back from the Docs,had a scan then had a more involved blood tests for fatty liver 9 days ago, as previously stated, I was diagnosed April 13 with fatty liver - diabetes T2, number was 537, Oct 14 160, April 15 260.. this after major total knee replacement surgery so meds proved to be the problem.  Today back down to 58......  normal I think is 51. so I am chuffed to bits so is the Doc.... He told me not to worry as liver can heal itself but you have to look after yourself for this to happen...no drinking!  which I have never done.
  • Posted

I have non alcoholic fatty liver. Acute my doctor says but I'm in a lot of pain. It comes and goes and depends on what I eat. I know Tylenol angers my liver and greasy foods and eating too many breads. I had the pains for awhile and finally had an ultrasound done. My doctor says he isn't concern and I just need to lose weight. I've only just gained weight and it's frustrating. A nurse today told me I shouldn't have stomach pains for fatty liver.... But my body is very sensitive. I can feel when I have small ovarian cysts and when I'm ovulating. I also knew I was pregnant before a pregnancy test could tell, it was confirmed through blood work. I'm hoping that I can lose weight and it will fade away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.