Fatty Liver - looking for advice (new here)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

On my phone so I'll be brief.

I've done a lot of research on my health despite completely 'normal' bloods. I think I had slightly elevated bilrubin.

I have a history of binge eating and comfort eating... Overeating and I am 30 years old.

I think I have a combination of fatty liver as well as diabetes insipidus because I have insatiable thirst and I am up paying all night sometimes 10 or 15 times. The only thing that improves this is a low calorie very bland diet but very low in fat sugar and salt.

I have always tried to stick to a vegan diet but cheated a lot. I have noticed huge improvement by eating a smaller meals fasting and exercising more but recently even when doing this things I have felt very sick at times like today when I ate a salad with just a sprinkle of nuts and olives I have muscle pain and cramps and breathlessness.

Perhaps I do need to go fat free or do some juicing?

My juicer broke so I'm struggling with that.

I wonder if anyone has eaten a very healthy salad with liver cleansing foods and felt absolutely awful within the next 5 hours. Do you think it's because of detoxing or taxing the Liver too much?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just a thought- have you been checked out for gallbladder problems? What's your cholesterol levels like?

Fatty liver disease, and in some cases type 2 diabetes, can be reversed by eating a low fat diet and exercising. You need to lose weight at a steady rate. Stick to lean meat and fish, salad, veg and fruit. No alcohol, no baked goods except for wholemeal bread, no takeaways, no ice cream and no chocolate. Eat brown rice, baked potatoes, wholemeal pasta and 0% fat dairy instead. Instead of three meals a day, try five or six much smaller meals. I've lost four stones in a year and feel so much better. I had open cholecystectomy in February followed by a liver resection for cancer in March.

• Posted

I weight about 49-50 kg but I'm skinny fat for sure. I have a swollen abdomen from all the accumulated visceral fat from junk food.

I've been doing guitar every morning nearly and doing a run on a fast. Felt great. Generally felt much better in the morning. Everything gets bad in the evening after meals. You are right about small meals....l think fasting is very effective but can be hard on the body.

I think what happened to me last night was after packing my salad with lemon juice greens tomatoes cayenne pepper and other cleansing foods by body by midnight was detoxing and it was very painful. I've heard it's Normal if you eat raw salads, which I used to eat every day a few years back with no issues, the body can react like that. I try give myself a minimum 12-14 hour fasting window but my ideal would be 6.30 - 7.00 pm --> midday next day.

I think this is harder on the system but from what I can see likely to heal faster. The body does most repair work in a fasted state from what I understand. Think I'm overdoing the fat so going super low fat now.

I don't eat meat but thanks for your help.

• Posted

I was also vegetarian for a number of years yet still managed to develop gallstones. 

Obviously your fatty liver is not the result of overeating as you only weigh about 8 stones and seem to be eating a healthy diet. So why do you feel you're having these issues? I presume you have seen a doctor and had tests as you mention your bilirubin levels??

• Posted

I don't agree.

Look at this.

People always say 'you're so lucky' - not really. You often get REALLY sick before anyone is willing to listen to you because the stereotype of obesity and diabetes. I'm still suffering to this day with doctors who won't listen because of my young age and slim figure.

Being vegetarian doesn't = Gallstones. Milk is literally liquid meat / fat. To get the benefits of a plant based diet, you have to do it properly and be committed to veganism. It's not as hard as people think. I was always healthiest when I stuck to this diet. I kept including too much coconut milk / oil and olive oil, where I should have been eating whole fats like nuts seeds and avocado in moderation.

This man developed it and healed on a low calorie diet which is hard to do, takes discipline. Water fasting outright is easier as hunger subsides eventually.

I just have an issue with that because I have an ulcer causing me pain, which is why I am suspicious I have bile reflux.

I don't understand why over eating could not stress my body, just because I'm a low weight. It just means I am not absorbing anything. It still spikes blood sugar and causes toxins to be stored in visceral fat.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.