Fatty liver not showing in tests? Is it possible?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wonder because I don't want to bark up the wrong tree.

I have these symptoms.

* Neuropathy in lower legs

* Extreme abdominal bloating

* Up all night peeing

* fatigue and muscle weakness

* Confusion

* Abdominal pains, cramps, achey back

* Impossible to gain weight and digest fat

All I remember is bilrubin being slightly high but within 'normal': to the NHS.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Fatty liver does not cause these symptoms. What leads you to believe you have fatty liver, bad eating lifestyle, alcohol consumption or something else?
    • Posted

I'm perplexed. It is related to plenty of these including abdominal swelling.

I'm sure I have one, or all of the following:

1. Prediabetes (I get hyper and hypoglycemix depending on if I've over eaten or haven't eaten for 4-5 + hours

2. Bile reflux / blocked bile duct

3. Fatty Liver

4. Nervous system damage as a result of all of this, plus the stress.

Yes I've had a history of binge eating. Once, for months, I ate a diet of pizzas and cookies because I was so depressed. That's not an excuse, but this was prior to being aware how much damage I could do.

I'm thirty years old.

• Posted

It could be a lot of things but have you Googled Haemochromatosis?
    • Posted

no I haven't. I just did, but looking at it, it really doesn't sound like me.

With how I've lived my life, I'm certain it's prediabetes and associated issues.

• Posted

Fair enough. I just thought I'd mention it as doctors are slow to diagnose it and I have many of those symptoms due to Haemochromatosis.

• Posted

Anything is possible but I suspect a clogged up gallbladder or liver is most likely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.