Fatty liver red eyes

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have fatty liver disease and have developed red eyes will these go away when I stop drinking have stopped for 3 days now , help!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The red eyes should disappear rather quickly. As for the fatty liver, it may take a bit longer, but your liver will recover eventually. Have you stopped suddenly or gradually? Did you get your liver enzymes/ function checked as well?
    • Posted

Stopped sudennly on day 3 of withdrawls had fatty liver, yeah got told my liver wasn't function properly and got a scan! That was bout a year ago going for blood on Tuesday know I've got a more severe fatty liver now! I've heard these red eyes can last for 6 months!!
    • Posted

My red eyes have a bit of discharge nd vision is a bit blurred its defo got to do with my fatty liver, please reassure me they will return to normal with time...
  • Posted

hi James. This does not sound good to me. What does your doctor say? sorry, but I cannot offer good advice since I have no experience but would like to assist....  keep us posted!! regards Robin
  • Posted

The liver is very good at recovering when u stop, how much were u drinking per day, u need to take a lot of water , the eyes should be fine in 2 weeks.
  • Posted

Hi James.. I'm having a similar issue and was wondering how you made out..?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.