Faucet Lower Back Injections

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am sending this message to every website I can and will continue to do so attempting to inform anyone thinking about these injections.

I have been suffering from Degeneratve Disc Diease for many years and because of this experience quite a lot of pain. I was referred to see a Pain Management Physician who after his prescription of Vicoden decided to offer me a quick fix, the Faucet Injections.

To make a very long story short I did have the procedure. Approximately 2 days after the injections I experienced so much pain in my lower back all I could do was lay in bed and if I got up for any reason I literally cried because I just couldnt handle it. 

Of course I immediately went to see my "Pain Doctor" and told him what I was feeling. His reaction was strange in that he just kind of shrugged it off and said it would get better in time which it didnt. 

I went to see another physician about 200 miles away that came highly recommended. I also brought him my recent MRI disc which he reviewed and he told me that the injections hit my Siatic Nerve and caused great damage. The initial injections were approximately 9 months ago and it seems like the pain is getting worse instead of better. My new physician told me that he could do a procedure that would be on an out-patient status where he would chip away the bone that is restricting the Siatic Nerve and that MAYBE the pain would be relieved. This is set for nect week.

I should have known better than to have the injections performed by the initial doctor but I was desperate and needed something.

My advise-----NEVER HAVE THE FAUCET INJECTIONS. You will regret it especially now that I have two seperate pains and it is getting worse!

Here in California I have one year to file a law suit and if the bone chip surgery does not work I will sue the first doctor. I have never filed any type of law suit in my 60 years but this guy has got to pay for what he did to me. It looks like I will be in GREAT PAIN  the rest of my life and for what? His inexperience? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Daniel my thoughts are with you and i do hope all goes well

I am due a csm fusion and later micro surgery on the lumbar -

my neuro guy is a top guy and i am hopeful

again my thoughts are with you

• Posted

Good luck my friend....You will probably agree that when you tell those who have never experienced back pain they may say I know what you are taking about but they don't. I have had the broken leg and a few ankles and the pain was bad but when it comes to a back issue it is truly a pain that is intense. I have a son in medical school which costs a lot and I must keep working. I do this through the pain. I dont know how I do it but I have to. Keep positive buddy!
  • Posted

Hi daniel19546

I to have had the faucet injections mypain onsultant said it could go  either way make it better or make it worse  and like you mine was the day after when it became unbearable (pain) i could not get out of bed which in turn made the pain worse through lying in bed!! I tought i was doing the right thing as yyou know when you are in pain anyway you will try anything to ease it.But it went the other way for me and i have told consultant in no way will i have it done again! Unlike you my consultant is really good and understanding. After i had them my blood pressure shot through the roof and i have always had low pressure!! I am always in pain some days as you will no dout know are worse than others so i really sympathise that it is a lot worse and youhave to go down that path through no fault of your own and i, wish you well because i have a good pain consultant and GP! so hope you keep in touch on this site and take care jeanetterolleyes 

• Posted

Thanks for your comment Jeanette and I'm so sorry for what you had to go through. My inital physician really had a mill going. There were two people in pre-op and about 5 others in the waiting room for the same procedure. I cant remember if I signed a waiver but her in California even if you do you can still go through the court system to prove your case. I'm glad you have a good doctor you can trust so I suggest you continue you go back to him until this gets what is needed. Take care of yourself! 
  • Posted

Daniel have strength and I hope things get better for you

Juan

• Posted

Thanks Juan. I have the strenght and the positivity I just need a doctor that will do it right the first time.
  • Posted

To all of you who replied to me I want you to know that on December 22 I woke up and got out of bed with absolutley no pain whatsoever. AMAZING...... NOTHING and now it's two weeks later. Whatever happened I wish I could bottle it and give it to those who have gone through what I had been dealing with. I enjoy life, think clearer, and love it. No more meds! YES! I wish I knew what the heck is going on but believe me I am not going to worry about it. 10 years of pain....I guess it was my good day! I am scared that it may come back and my left leg is still weak but it's bound to get better. There is hope and if you are reading this and think that pain will never leave you----IT WILL! Be positive and dont be drepressed. I had enough....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.