Fave Low Fat Purchases

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm new. I'm a single mum of three and I have two jobs. Been on the pills a week tomorrow. I'm 43, 5'7\" and 13 stone. Size 18 uk. Years ago I once lost three stone in three months eating a low fat diet so I'm a strong believer in the low fat. Not sure re the pills though! It was years ago when I did the low fat thing so I'm finding out what's currently out there.

My low fat faves are currently:

Hartleys Low Calorie Jelly (10 cal a pot and fat free)

Meringues

Crumpets

Stawberries and blueberries (with the meringues!)

Shape zero yoghurt

Microwaved apples with raisins

Anybody got any good ideas what else to look out for?

x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello and welcome.

My fav low fat treats are:

Creme caramel deserts-0.9g of fat per tub.

Pink and whites-marshmallow in-between wafer.

Weight watchers caramel crunch desert (my fav) 2.6g-watch out for others as they tend to be rather high,they work on saturated fat,not total fat.

Ben and Jerry's do a cherry frozen yogurt,it's not low low fat but much better than ice cream, I have a small cone (trace fat) fill it with mini marshmallows (fat free) and that way I only have one scoop of frozen yogurt which is low in fat!

I also buy organic apple and plum pure^ and stir through fat free yoghurt.

Savouries

Weight watches hoola hoops (0.2g) per bag.

Snack a jax - all flavours.

Be good for u crisps from sainsburys- tai sweet chilli or cheddar and red onion (1.5g) per bag.

It just takes time to shop and going to different shops is helpful as u find different things. I'm still learning everyday.

Best of luck.

• Posted

Thanks for that. I never thought of the pink and whites. I'll definately get some of them the kids'll love em. I'll have a look for the frozen yoghurt too.

x

• Posted

thanks for these tips ladies, its the savoury snacks in the evenings i crave i will look out for the hula hoops and the snack a jacks keep the tips coming it all helps

Tilly xx

• Posted

I keep eating fish sticks too.....about 15cals each

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.