Fear do the paranormal/paranoia?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've always feared paranormal things. Especially demons and the devil (even putting that scares me), but the past few days it's been really bad.

There's been this guy I've liked for a long time, years even and up until yesterday I thought we would never happen and now that we have I've suddenly got this intense fear that it's something to do with paranormal. I know it's ridiculous and it's just my overtired, over anxious mind working overtime as usual but I can't control if and it's making me feel physically sick and shaky. I've felt out of it all day like I'm on drugs and it's really freaking me out and upsetting me because I had a really lovely weekend with him but this stupid fear is ruining it!

Please can someone help me to rationalise this and tell me it's normal? I'm scared that it could be some form of psychosis/schizophrenia!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, as you say its just anxiety tricking your mind.

Maybe because you felt so good at the weekend, that you really really want this relationship to work, therefor there is an extra pressure on your mind...... meaning that you have come up with this catastrophie....

It will pass when the anxiety settles down, and you will think rationally again.

Your not schizophrenic or psychotic......... if you were you would have no idea that you were.... Nobody who has a psychotic episode ever knows that they are having one.

So if you are scared of being psychotic, it means you are definetly not.

This is just anxiety... Create a STOP sign in your mind.

Do some deep breathing and some exercise.

• Posted

I'm going through the same can't even function seems like. It's like im in a dream it's scary
    • Posted

I just feel so scared! I feel like I'm going mad. I've had intrusive thoughts before and it's just awful! I feel completely out of it, like I'm not even on this planet! And I keep sort of blacking out!

Thank you so much!

• Posted

I've made a full recovery. I saw a councelling psychologist, which helped. But more recently I have learnt Trancendenta Meditation and it has improved my life so so much, anxiety levels are deminishing every week........ it is the most effective treatment for anxiety and DP I am sure- because it directly passifies the sympathetic nervous system and encourages the parasympathetic nervous system---whilst neutralising and intrusive negative thoughts that come up..... really really profound. Look into it.
    • Posted

I have to write that down. I just had a scary er visit and still having a little aftershock
  • Posted

I'm sorry your all going through this still, I know how sh*t it is!!! But learning TM is the best thing you can do for anxiety I am sure of it. Read into it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.