Fear of autoinjector

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i've been taking Enbrel for 9 weeks now. And last week i just got so f*****g anxious over taking the autoinjector. It has never happened before and now when i'm writing this i should take the injections. It is like some kind of self-presarvation that stops me from pushing the button.

I know it doesnt hurt that much and that i feel much better with it, but i just can't bring myself to it.

So has anyone got any tips how to over come this irrational anxiety?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have a drink eek

Or get someone else to do it?

(I know it doesn't help but I have had facial electrolysis and at one time would have 10,000 injections a day into my face, oh and the needle gets really hot when the current flows.)

• Posted

Is there anyone who can do it for you? My partner does mine.

If not i guess just put some music on or whatever relaxes you amd be rational its literally 10 secs for a weeks improvment the good out weighs the bad.

• Posted

I started with the autoinjector and boy did it sting.  Also I got itchy red circles at the injection site.  Turns out they have a latex covering over the needle and I'm allergic to latex.  I switched to having to make up the vial by adding the diluent to the freeze dried powder and then drawing up into the syringe and self injecting.  Guess what?  It doesn't sting.  The autoinjector has a preservative in it that stings.  You can ask your doctor to switch over to it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.