Fear of being alone

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have lots of fears and have been Agorophobia for many years but the fear of being alone is crippling anyone else have this 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue. How severe is your agoraphobia? Do you go out at all? I suffer with that also but I do go out so don't feel lonely as such but I can see how that could be a problem.
  • Posted

I can relate to this. I hate being on my own also and am constantly depending on other people. I don't go out much but if i do i always have to be with someone who i trust & feel safe around (usually my mum or my brother). It can feel very lonely & it's hard for other people to understand or be able to sympathise with it. Do you have family around that are supportive?
  • Posted

Thankyou for you replies Agorophobia is bad yes only go out in car with hubby very difficult to shop need to park directly outside for quick exit that's if I can manage to get out of the car but the fear of being in the house on my own is massive and I cannot control it I take 20 mg cipralex and 5 mg buspirone 
    • Posted

i'm the same. Always need to park right outside where ever i'm planning on going & hate being to far away from the door in case i need to exit. Just getting in the car & going out is a challenge in itself. Some people don't understand all the little things that can bring on the anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.