Fear of being alone

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some advice.

One of my biggest fears is being alone, and it causes me a ton of anxiety to the point where I need to stay with my parents on some days.

If I am alone in my apartment and my roommate is not home, I freak out that I might collapse and no one will be there to call an ambulance or help me. It drives me insane to the point where I fear being alone in my apartment unless I know someone is coming home soon.

Anyone have any advice?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Same thing I go through everyday, I understand how u feel , and I use to love chilling out by myself . now I'm terrified
  • Posted

When my bf goes to work I usually sit on the couch and watch stuff or Netflix do u also have a pet ? I usually hang around our dog too smile but distraction like watching tv helps
  • Posted

I think most people with Panic attacks get like that when they have been having anxiety attacks. Some of the symptoms are horrible. my dog is good company at times. 
  • Posted

I can usually hold it together until someone is home, but if they sleep somewhere else and I'm home alone, I cant deal well at all.

I hate this feeling so much and I just wish that I could be better.

• Posted

You'll beat this again, just lime you did before , I know its tuff , and its nothing easy about dealing with anxiety and panic disorder, and people who.never experienced it have all the answers and a lot to say , and that's what frustrates me the most !
    • Posted

It sucks.  I have had it.  But you need to learn to be comfortable in your own skin.  Learn ways to distract yourself, and not think so much about being alone. Listen to the radio, etc. 
  • Posted

I feel this way aswell I count down the minutes until someone is home cos I'm so scared something will happen to me. I never lock my door and always walk around with my fone so I can quickly fone if I can.
  • Posted

Hi Jp.

I am totally the same! I've finally got to grips with walking places on my own to the shop etc and then maybe I'll feel comftable going home on my own and stuff. Don't push yourself it'll make things worse. Small steps are the way forward. Take yourself out on a date treat yourself to some new clothes etc or some nice food. It's nothing to be ashamed of we are all human and you'll find most of the population don't like being alone they can just block it out more which is unhealthy. Atlesst people with anxiety admit it nd get help and advice that's a massive step. If you need anything pm me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.