Fear of Brain Tumour

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have already posted this on the site in a different group, i thought id post it here aswell to reach more people

Hello there,

I just registered specifically for this issue that i am having.

Im an 17 year old male, who's normally very healthy

Over the last few months I have been having issues with my health

I noticed around the Christmas holidays that i had a constant headache and generally feeling unwell,this lasted for a week whole i went to the GP who said to have a blood test, he didnt really seem to suspect anything serious but he did a test, everything came back normal so i kind of dealt with it. Then i noticed i had a week or two where i was constantly nauseas, espically in the morning

This leads to this headache which has come back on one side and much more painful than before, i still have the nausea, the headache worsens when l bend down, i noticed in school that i was typing the wrong keys on the keyboard and felt as if i was writing the wrong words, i feel as if my memory isnt as good, noticing my stronger right side is becoming weak, i feel as if im bumping into things and losing my balance

I went back to the GP, again nothing was suspected, he said it was a migraine but ive never had a migraine before so i said this, he felt pushed into giving me a scan so that is coming up.

I thought id share this because it has really got me feeling down, i have missed days of school and thinking how will i cope

Recently ive noticed the pain worsens when i bend over or lie down which has got me even more worried

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi. As soon as I started reading your post migraine sprang to mind. You appear to be having typical migraine symptoms, which, I would like to add, can be extremely severe. I would say that this is what you are suffering from as your doctor suspects, and I would think he is sending you for further tests to reassure you. In the meantime, as you are worried about missing your education, you could ask a pharmacist in any chemist for migraine tablets and see if they help. It's quite common for migraine sufferers to have nausea/vomiting, vision disturbances and blinding headache where they have to lie in a darkened room. So, I really, really don't think you have a brain tumour or anything similar. Stop worrying, have your tests and be guided by your doctor. Migraine is very unpleasant but can be treated.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply,

You see i didnt really believe that it was migraines because i have never had them before, but i guess i could have developed them

What got to me was that i felt weakness in my stronger side and i have some issues with balance

Ill just have to wait for the tests

• Posted

I had my first migraine in my twenties. Just because you have never had them before does not rule out the possibility that you are having them now. Balance can go out the window during a migraine and you can feel unwell for several days after. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Posted

I appreciate the kind words, feel a little relief, only thing is its a constant headache that hasn't let up, which put these wild thoughts in my head

I hope everything is well with you

• Posted

You can probably buy something called migralieve or something similar from chemists. Give it a try.
    • Posted

I have seen migrelieve around, was told to use it by a friend but my parents were skeptical of me using it
    • Posted

Anything that can help, ill definitely use
    • Posted

Well I'm not sure that a pharmacist would sell you anything that would be harmful to you and if it works for you it would save missing time off school, maybe mum and dad might give it some consideration.

• Posted

Speak to your pharmacist, he will reassure you that providing you take the appropriate dose they won't do you any harm, but he or she is the best person to advise you next to your doctor.

• Posted

Will do, thank you very much, i really do appreciate it!!
    • Posted

No problem, my pleasure. Look after yourself.
  • Posted

Updating this, i feel like everything is slowed and i feel shaky and off balance. Anyone relate?
  • Posted

hello there

its been quite a while so i guess ill update, so today i had MRI scan, it was relatively quick and well (very loud tho)

i have started to feel a little better tho i still from time to time have the issues,

just got to wait on the GP which is over a month

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.