fear of dying, anxiety causing panic, pls help

Posted , 72 users are following.

I'm suffering with this nearly everyday at the moment. Anxiety is causing me to have panic attacks most if not every day, I feel exhausted. I feel a constant chest pain, and if I move ie travel in a car or something it feels like somethings moving around inside my chest. Daily  though I get headaches, dizzyness, tingling hands, numbness, shortness of breath and general chest pain. I'm so scared im going to die with each and every feeling of panic. I've alalways thought/worried about dying since being little. But now with the anxiety I'm struggling every day with it. I feel so lost

11 likes, 131 replies

131 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I feel like I've just read my own thoughts out loud. This is exactly how I feel. Maybe we could msg and talk about it? I've never came across anyone who seems to understand. I phoned 111 last night and got taken to A&E, waited for 2 hours just to be sent home, I was told a psychologist was coming to see me. They obviously lied. In fact they admitted to forgetting about me. This doesn't reassure me about the NHS. sad

It's a daily struggle and I know exactly how you feeel. I think that everyday is my last. What a way to live. 

• Posted

Hi Justine. Please read about the link between hyperventilation and adrenaline. I've been where you are. You can and will be better. Doctors write us off, especially women. Maybe they're not trained in this area. They should have to do a rotation about panic and anxiety. They need to learn how to communicate with us why we are having physical and mental symptoms instead of giving us a pill and letting us go. If we were given the proper info about why these symptoms occur, we wouldn't search for answers that lead us to believe every possible disease is our own. Not breathing correctly causes all the symptoms you mention, plus more. As a female, it could be a hormonal imbalance or even a thyroid condition. These are easily remedied. If you need suggestions about breathing correctly, I have some ideas. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

I called 111 about a month ago and they told me to go to A+E within the next hour of that call, went to see a GP told him I think I had a panic attack and I was getting chest pains and tingling in my left arm beforehand, had an ECG which took about 2 hours altogether as I had to wait about an hour. Got told I had anxiety and to exercise and that was it! No follow up advice on how to deal with anxiety or anything! 
    • Posted

They are absolutely awful in A&E. I called 111 initially because I was feeling suicidal  - just want it all to go away. I was left and then just sent on my way, told to contact my GP. It's a weekend and my GP has no appointments for 2 weeks. How does that work? I hate NHS for mental health. 
    • Posted

I understand completely, it's nice to know I'm not alone. It's such a horrible thing to go through if you want to message that would be nice just to have someone to talk to
    • Posted

Hi I'm really dreadful with anxiety my husband just had to fetch me from Alton towers couldn't cope.I was ok til I had a severe migraine and they've changed my tablets I don't want to go on anymore ruining everyone's lives hope your feeling better x
    • Posted

Well hello, ive been searching internet to know what i feel. Basically im 14 years old. When i was little, i dont feel normal... I cant enjoy much more as what others do. I was like, "why do they play a lot and save progresses, you know, building a lot of stuffs higher if... YOU CAN DIE ONE DAY" its all pointless. my mom said i was palpitating, i need a distractions... I will get out of my mind whenever i hear a loud music like rocks. I dont like partying, dont like happiness, dont like cherishing moments with my family as it will soon disappear. We are a family, but i was so scared of losing my parents, whenever i get that thought im gonna punch my arms, biting my hands, pinching my fingers. Like hurting myself... I need distractions... I want to be a human. But im scared of dying... WHATS THE POINT? I really dont know either. I feel that thought the few seconds im writing it, and the time you finished this comment, im back in life and was not scared... I will wait another day to make this suicidal thought come back to me again.
    • Posted

I live in The Philippines and ther is no mental haelth care it all.

I spent over £900 flying to the UK to be admitteed into hospital as it had got so bad.

Three weeks in the loonie bin: No car at all and an evil shrink.

I have come back to be with my wife and daughter in Phils.

My anxiety is every day, evry minute but I have got to try and endure it as theonly meds her are Sertraline and Valium!

As Kerrianne said, it is hell every day.

I use to gte two/three 'good' days evry 2 weeks but the last okay day I had was September.

If I reda one more website telling me ot eat sald and breathe deeply, I'l go even more mad!

• Posted

Hi,

I hear your pain. I feel the same often.

I hope i can help you. The physical pain your anxiety is causing you is a problem that makes it difficult to live with, the best / almost only way to deal with it is your own mind.

Constant reasurrance to yourself is absolutely necessary: "calm down, relax, deep breaths". Another method that has worked for me is to count 10 things around you and each one describe in details in your head or out loud. Its a distraction method that will relax you.

I hope this helps

• Posted

I am going through the same exact feelings you describe, please follow up with me. I have hope that I can beat this some day.
    • Posted

Well, I’m about 2 years late. But recently I’ve been feeling the same. I’m 16. The fear of everything around me dying is so hard to cope with. I want it to go away. I want to die sometimes. I just want to go back to when I was 15 when these intrusive thoughts never happened. I’m going to a therapist now to try and cope. I probably have depression and more than likely have bad anxiety. I experience depersonalization sometimes as well but for me, it’s just looking at something and it doesn’t look real but I know it is. I’m also really afraid of my future and worrying if I’ll make it to be an adult. But there’s always help. Therapy is my 2nd step. The first was acknowledging that I had an issue to be worked out. 

If you want to talk in private, just let me know. Sometimes having someone going through the same motions helps.

• Posted

Hi 

I too having the same type of probldms

Always feelin tat iam goin to die

Or something goin to happen

Feels troubles on chest

Dizziness like tat always

Even not gets the head balance sometimes

What is this

How to overcome this 

• Posted

Hi Kerrianne. Sorry you are having a tough time. Please look up hyperventilation syndrome. It causes these kinds of symptoms. Also check out the link between that and adrenaline. I think you will find your answers. Good luck and be well. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your message  I will look into that, my doctor did mention about hyperventilation but didn't really go in to it. Thank you I will have a look.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.