Fear of flying Diazepam 5mg. Does it work?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

After suffering a panic attack last year on a flight back from Las Vegas I have since been absolutely terrified of flying to the point it makes me shake thinking of it. I have been perscribed 2x 5mg diazepam tablets and am wondering if they actually work? How will I feel? Any help would be appreciated x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have a horrible fear of flying and I have used Xanax and Ativan and it does work well.
  • Posted

Diazepam doesn't do much for me personally but I know a lot of people that swear by it. Says it instantly relaxes them and their muscles

• Posted

Thank you for your comments. I was perscribed 2mg x2 last year and that didn't help so was worried 5mg still won't work sad

• Posted

You only have 2 pills? I was going to say you could always take one tonight or something and see how it feels. I wouldn't want you to waste one though rolleyes

• Posted

Sorry I meant, I'm allowed to take one or two of the 5mg dose. She has given me fifteen! ??

• Posted

try one smile try one when you will be at home (preferrably before bedtime) so you can see if it helps!

• Posted

I would also like to know if anyone has any tips for flying? Going on my first plane journey in October and I am terrified!
  • Posted

I have 10 x 5mg diazapam to take prior to appointments , i am allowed to take it 3 or 4 times a day - so i can take 2 at a time every few hours leading to the event .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.