Fear of getting a cortisone shot on my foot

Posted , 2 users are following.

i got a stress facture on my foot. ive been in a boot for 2 months. the stress facture has healed but now i get a shock like feeling on ball of foot which might be nerve damage. im sooo afraid of the pain of a cortizone shot, even tho is just for a second.

i can walk without boot but when i put pressure on ball of foot, i get shocked but the it goes away... i want to get the shot but i start freaking out because everyone has been saying how much the shot hurts. help...;(

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Gloria!

Don't be afraid of the shot. I am the queen of cortizone shots and you learn that they do work. Yes there is pain but what I do is count backwards from 30 .... by the time you reach 10 it subsides. Its a very sensitive spot to say the least! But! If you have a good doctor they will be very gentle with you when giving it. They can try to numb the area with a cold spray. (I'm not sure of the name) but its in a can and they spray the area and sometimes can continue to spray while injecting the shot.

And if successful you'll be pain free for a few months! YEA!!

Good luck!

Rose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.