Fear of getting Schizophrenia due to health issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone 

I have many health issues going on right now and when Googleing my issues it always says that Schizophrenia can happen. 

I even have a few gene mutation that say could lead to it. And I don’t detox well. 

And now recently I found out I also have some copper Toxicity. Which also says that people with Schizophrenia have. 

I’m freaking out so bad. And I mean no disrespect at all. But I really don’t want to get it. I’m now in constant fear of getting it.

It’s making my anxiety so bad.

Any insight?

Thanks in advance  

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The more you research

the more you find!

• Posted

So you’re saying stop researching? 
  • Posted

Unless you start to feel symptoms of psychosis, yes stop or u might trick yourself into feeling that way.
  • Posted

I agree.  Dr google will have you going from a mild headache to dead in 3 clicks!  It sounds like you have health anxiety.  x
  • Posted

Hello! Copper toxicity can really cause mental disorders but not Schizophrenia.

Did you consult  psychoendocrinologist regarding your hormonal issues?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.