fear of heart disease

Posted , 5 users are following.

H I'm new to this website I usually read everyone else's stories to calm myself down but recently I became unable to function. I am 22 female with two children. I have generalkzed anxiety disorder with panic attacks and last week I woke up feeling EXTREMELY fatigued. I wasn't able to stand long enough to brush my teeth before eveetgibg started spinning and started to go black. I could hardly catch my breath and my heart was beating so fast I couldn't even count the beats. My mom brought me to the dr and my pulse rate was 140 WHILE SITTING!!! The machine started beeping and blinking red BC my pulse was so high. Nurse said her oylse would be that high if she had two young children too. Ever since this day I can barely get out of bed without feeling faint with a very fast heart rate. My mom helps me shower BC I become so weak and my heart rear becomes so fast I nearly pass out. Everything I read online says it's heart disease related and my dad does have many heart problems so I'm worried sick... Any one else experience this? Could it be anxiety?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Wow crazy I am going through the same exact thing. My hear rate resting is always high and I Cn barely stand up and shower either. Have you had any test done? What did your dr say?
    • Posted

Well I also have RA so he thinks that is why I am so fatigued and the fatigue triggers my anxiety which causes such a high pulse rate. But I don't feel anxious I just feel very weak. I was hoping high pulse rate was a symptom of my RA but it isn't so now I'm even more convinced it's a heart problem. Do u have any medical issues???
  • Posted

Go back to your Dr and ask for tests,always the first thing to do,then discuss anxiety with them
  • Posted

Yes it could be anxiety. Anxiety keeps our mind over occupied and results in high pulse rate.

Still I would advise you to consult a doctor as your dad has heart problems and I believe ECG test would detect the condition of your heart.

Take care smile

• Posted

I saw my Dr for this on Friday and he thinks my heart is racing BC I'm fatigued and the fatigue causes me anxiety... But I don't feel anxious at all. It only happens whenever I Stand up and try to function. I even have to walk hunched over because I don't have the energy to stand up straight. I've had several EKG's done due to panic attacks and they come back normal but can't the results change???
  • Posted

Hi there

Firstly there are many medications that can control heart rate if required

If it is anxiety, get checked ok but there are quick techniques to help anxiety

Firstly tell your self that your heart is fine and say to yourself, ok its a panic attack

Then close your eyes and mentally scream to yourself at the vouce STOP STOP STOP

do this at least 10 times or as many as you like. It will freeze all your racing thoughts or slow them down

Also tell yourself ok my heart is going fast but withing 3-5 minutes i can regain control and normality

Once calmer state practice some deep breathing in the bottom part of your stomach for 3 counts, hold for 2 and exale for 3

After this you may need to write down some of your thoughts and see if you need to replace them with more constructive helpful thoughts that serve you better.

You see i know it works because i was a horrible sufferrer of anxiety and lots of panic attack. But no more because i conquered them. There are many techniques but this one is quick and wirks well

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.