Fear of heart problem?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone I have been having chest pain for a week when I talked to my doctor on tuesday and when I mentioned some of the symptoms they told me to go to the ER asap so I did. After hours at the hospital they did blood tests, a ct scan of my heart, an xray, and an ekg test. Everything was normal but they did tell me my EKG was slighty abnormal. I have a history of anxiety and it was pretty bad when I was at the hospital but they did not seem too concerned but they did refer me to a cardiologist to do an echocardiogram which I have on monday. i would just like an honest answer if this is something pretty serious or has my anxiety just gotten the best of me? I am 22 years old so I am currently very terrified at the thought of having heart disease. Although they did give me a GI cocktail which seemed to help a lot so I wonder if it is just GERD and my anxietys just making me feel these symptoms.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Dear ken,Its the same case as mine.I have been suffering from chest pain from more than a year.I went emergency couple of times.They did ekg,blood test,chest exray,echo,tmt also.Every thing was normal.I am an indian working in kuwait.I went two times to india for treatment last year.I consult pulmanologist, gastrologist and also cardiology doc also.No one can find any thing.Now i am having anxiety medicine from last three months.Little changes is there,but not completely.Some time the pain at back,neck, head,toes....Still praying for the best...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.