Fear of next hour/day

Posted , 16 users are following.

After suffering with severe and intense peri symptoms for the last 2 and a half years, the days that I feel well and I can function without problems are few and far between. I do not know what to expect as I am not normal anymore.

Thus, I have developed a serious phobia about how awful I am going to feel due to my hormonal fluctuations during the day or the following day.

I think that this kind of fear is the most awful of all the symptoms. It is scary, ladies, isn't it?

5 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear this.. I know it's scary!! I develop this when I know holidays or parties are coming and period is due. Also afraid I won't be able to rest properly beforehand.. : ( I wish I didn't think like this.. Today, my anxiety is high from too much going on- I can't control it and just want to cry. Hopefully we'll have better days coming.

• Posted

Evi,

Yes this is very difficult and I too suffer from this. I find that if I have an event that I need to go to whether it be work or personal, I get quite anxious because I never know from one day to another how I am going to feel. This aspect of our hormonal nightmare is so challenging and depressing.

I have stated this before on this forum and another....the fact that I cannot count on myself anymore if so disheartening and have caused me to become more depressed along with the anxiety that always seems to hover just under the surface.

I wish I had some words of wisdom that I could offer to help you but I can't. If I find anything changes for the better on my end, I will be sure to share with all.

• Posted

Hi there,

You're so spot on evi, this is exactly how i feel on a daily basis.

I just take it day by day as it's all I feel girls such as us can do... most days I cant think straight, am exhausted, ache all over and just wonder how I'll carry on!! 😦((

Deep breaths girls and carry on!!

Hope tomorrow is a good day.

AJ. xx

• Posted

I just started this journey and it has already taken my independence. I feel exactly as you do. I agree, I'm "...not normal anymore." And, I too have developed a fear of what each days brings. My vision has been severely effected and it's very stressful. It's a sad way to live.

• Posted

staci i could of wrote your post as I'm the exact same. life's not been the same since 2012 and feel after so long I'll never get me back. like you my eye sight is suffering , lots of eye strain, floaters and sometimes blurred vision, it does worry me although i worry about everything these days.

hugs to all x

• Posted

I feel your pain. I was fine Friday then Saturday and Sunday I couldn't get out of bed, crying sure I would never find joy in anything ever again. Today I'm fine. What a rollercoaster!🙄

• Posted

i agree with all you ladies! i ended up not being able to count on myself to be right for anything, including work in the end! had almost a year off, unpaid as no contract and no sick pay, running up debts! back working pt now, change of job entirely, but i am taking 20mg prozac so i guess thats helping me get to work lol. going from a fully functioning teacher of 25 yrs to a an anxiety ridden hermit has been just awful. 3 yrs post now and with the help of sertraline and then change to prozac ive had a career change, which i needed, flew to australia on my own (and i hate flying!), found myself a good man for once and have never been out and about visiting places so much! anxiety still lurks and i sometimes still have to fight it, but lots of my life has changed for the better. so, hang in there, it does get better. see it as a time to de-junk your life - toxic friendships/relationships/bosses/jobs! time to put ourselves first ladies xx

• Posted

Hi Evi, I agree this constant fear of feeling too bad to function is just as bad as feeling too bad to function.

Praying for a few more good days for you!!

• Posted

Thank u all of you so much for the support!

I am so unlucky person because I am too young for this kind of torture! I am still having regular periods so I am wondering if this torture is going to take years for me!

oh God mercy me!

I will have an appointment with my doctor next month in order to check up my condition. I had a surgery before 2 weeks in order to be removed an ovarian cyst ( possible endometriosis) and I am going to discuss how to manage my low estrogen symptoms. I have no quality of life due to this. There is no life is you cannot feel healthy and normal

Now, I am on 3 day of my cycle and I am struggling with an awful headache

I pray for all of you. Hugs!!!

• Posted

My adrenaline rushes, heart palps, and shakiness have become so bad during the night that I dread going to bed at night. I'm exhausted, but can't sleep.

I understand you completely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.