Fear of not sleeping

Posted , 3 users are following.

its been a week or so that the fear of not sleeping has struck me so hard that i am getting anxious more and more as the night sets in. last night i didnt sleep a minute i feel, the only worry i have is that i wont be able to sleep. i feel i dont have the power to sleep any more. i dont take any meds , neither do i want to. i am 27, male. all i do is keep checking google about "insomnia" and try to find out if any cure is there for this. i dont want to take any meds, what should i do?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Know exactly where you are coming from. Been there done that and got the t shirt!!!

Ive not sleep well for years and its the fear of not sleeping that is stopping you sleeping. I have learnt to live with the fact that at times I am going to go through periods when my sleeping is particularly bad. I used to worry and fret about it so much that I was frightened to go to bed.I went to the doctors who said not sleeping never killed anyone.Not what I wanted to hear but strangely reassuring. Try t o adopt the attitude that if I sleep I sleep and if I don’t I am resting. I know it makes you feel rough and grumpy the next day but it won’t kill you.I used to get into such a panic and drive my husband crazy!! I was forever looking at the clock and thinking about ive only got four hours or two hours or one hour before I have to get up to go to work. I turn the clock around now so dont know what the time is! It’s definitely your anxiety that is stopping you from sleeping try and get into I don’t care attitude and you will find that your sleeping will improve. I know at the moment you feel that you wont sleep again but I promise you will as soon as you relax a bit.Like you I take no prescription meds but I have taken Nytol (not the herbal ones) Sometimes only need to take 1 a week depending on how much sleep ive had.Its reassuring knowing they are there and they have helped me.

• Posted

dont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! google insomnia it will make it more worse you are fine the best thing about google is that if you have cough they will tell u that its cancer and it will do nothing but made you feeling worse im suffering from sinusitis and having an hard time in falling a sleep and my sinusitis sometimes i feel lyk that its my ex girl friend and it always haunts me with an vengance and ive developed horrible symptoms when it hit me it hit me almost 3 times and the amount of that thing is so high in my head that i cannot go to sleep enter into vivid dreams i was scared of death cause i thought that im going to die but 7 months of insomnia and look im still here you will sleep jus close your eyes and think about some good ed sheeran song you will sleep i guaranteed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.