Fear of Sex because of UTI, any suggestions help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Alright. So in my previous post I talked about how I have the same reoccurring UTI and how painful it is because it has not gone away for almost 3 weeks now. The course of antibiotics I am on is taking a load off of me and helping it go away. But the thing is, I’m afraid to ever go through this pain again that I’m so scared to have sex. But what upsets me most is that this is my first EVER UTI after sex or in general. And whom I am in a relationship with isnt my first sexual partner, I have had about 3 other sexual partners and none have resulted in a UTI. And we have had sex many times before and it happened to be one time after a month of a normal sex life to get it.  I’m just so afraid to have sex again but I don’t want to just stop having sex, but of course I will if I have to, anything to avoid the UTI pain. And my boyfriend is so understanding of it, even if he dreads it on the inside. I just wish I could tell if I would get one again if I had sex again or is it just me being paranoid? Any suggestions? I know the whole pee before and after sex and wash off (something I usually do naturally). Sorry for this full blown rant, I just feel like it’s caused so much stress that I’m looking everywhere for help. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

I've been like this and it's miserable to say the least. Try taking a product called  D-Mannose, take it every day, it attracts the e-coli which is causing your infections and you just pass it out with your pee.  Also are you on the pill or using a coil, if your partner is using Rubber protection this will rub on your vagina,  loads of KY jelly  and wash afterwards with cool water as this helps any inflamation

Hope this helps.

Valx

• Posted

I am a man so it is a bit unusual for a man to give a female advice but I can and I assume others on here can only draw upon their own experiences because after all we are amateurs!  Some advisers on this forum can draw upon very many years of experience which indeed some doctors do not have. This is not to say that there are doctors who are not good because there are some doctors who are very good but there most definitely are some who are not worth consulting due to their own attitude known only to themselves.

When my wife was in her twenties and I was thirtythree  we both had an E Coli infection but that would not have been found had I not insisted that both of us were clinically tested.  So that cross infection was not not going to be an on and on and on situation we were both given antibiotics which cleared the imediate problem for both of us.

After a great many years of similar ocurences and quite a few discussions with umpteem doctors I have come to the conclusion that the infections in the urinary tract can be difficult sometimes to eradicate.

It might well be constructive to consult a lady urologist/gyni and put your problems to her. It is a very complex subject that is interesting enough to research all you can not least in respect that you should keep firmly in mind that you must protect yourself against the bad organisms that are most definitely 'out there'.

Be as careful as you can because 'you've only just begun' as Karen Carpenter said!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.