Fear of something serious

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had extreme fear of having something wrong with me for several months now. At the moment, it's a brain tumor or dementia. Today, I haven't been able to remember things that I've never forgot before like names and passwords. Sometimes, I get disoriented for a few moments when driving and I go into a panic. I've been constantly searching for answers on the internet which makes it worse. I think I have TMJ and my jaw clenched everytime something like that happens. It's scares me so bad because I'm starting new jobs in a couple of weeks. Are these symptoms that could occur out of the blue even when I'm not anxious? Could it all be caused by anxiety in the back of my mind? I'm only 21 so I'm really worried.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It certainly can all be caused by health anxiety. I have practically the exact same thing in regards to worrying about brain tumors and dementia. If you had any serious problems regarding your memory your close family and friends would recognize it and being totally honest if you'd had a brain tumor for several months you'd probably have severe symptoms by now or be dead. The fact that your 21 makes me convinced it's all down to anxiety, it's practically unheard of for someone your age to have dementia or a brain tumor. I think you'll find all of your symptoms can be explained by anxiety. Good luck and try to relax if you can. You'll be fine.

• Posted

Have you had a fill physical exam and full blood work with your doctor? That would be a good starting point.forget dr. Google its useless you need a real doctor to examine you and diagnose you.
  • Posted

Yes it certainly is. That has happened to me when driving. For a couple of seconds,I feel disoriented, and don't know where I am going. So scary. Your jaw ache, and your fears are anxiety, and panic. Just when you think everything is better, there anxiety is again. I worry with you starting a new job,that you might fall apart. Have to seen your family doc. A antidepressant would really help you. I was crazy with anxiety, and panic,and have been on a antidepressant for years, and will be till the day I die,but I am ok with that,cause I feel good,and I never want to feel anxiety and panic again. 

• Posted

Anxiety can play just a toll on our bodies. Today, I couldn't remember my social security number. It's hard to focus sometimes and I feel like I'm out of body, floating through life.

?Just like depression, in my opinion, physical systems still occur, regardless if we are on medication.

?As for your clenching, I would speak to your dentist about getting a guard of some kind - especially at night.

?I believe that you are fine but have a bad case of anxiety. If your concerns persist, make an appointment to see your doctor.

?I start  back at work in a week and I'm fearful that my anxiety will take over. The job is stressful enough but how am I going to manage when the anxiety hits.

?Know you have support here and we will listen and do our best to reassure you. Instead of clenching, trying breathing - deep belly breaths through your nose and fill your belly. I know it sounds silly but I'm trying it and does work.

Take care of you. Know we are here!

• Posted

Trust me.. Forgetfulness especially when your mind is anxious whether you feel it or not is common.. Today I couldn't remember my one password for work.. That I've been going on every single day for almost two years.. We just have "one of those" days sometimes.. Go to your doctor, make sure your labs and everything look good, which they will, but I'm willing to bet that it's just lovely anxiety.

• Posted

I know how you feel I think I have health anxiety as well I had a virus around a month ago and was taken to hospital for the first time in my 23 years of life lol and since then I have been fearing everything. Every little mark makes me panic and I'm convinced its something bad. I have had bloods done seen 6 doctors but am still convinced something is wrong with me. I also get anxiety attacks out of no where its horrible and I feel your pain. Always here if you need a chat smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.